Contribute
Register

Continuity and Handoff Capable Apple Mini Cards + PCIe and mini-PCIe Adapters

Continuity/Handoff depends upon having the latest WiFi/BT chipset(s). The Apple Support Document, which P1LGRIM sited, reflects the Apple Macs and iDevices with the appropriate WiFi/BT chipset to support Continuity/Handoff.

If you buy the iMac WiFi/BT card in the OP, you'll have Continuity/Handoff. I'm running the iMac WiFi/BT card in Hector with a System Definition of MacPro3,1 > see my post here for more information including a screen snapshot of the System Profile, Bluetooth information.

I've also upgraded my real Mac Pro (2008, 3,1) with this card and adapter from http://www.osxwifi.com/apple-broadc...th-4-0-with-adapter-for-macpro-2008-2007-2006 and will be upgrding my 2010 Mac Pro (5,1) shortly. So, Continuity/Handoff works with the iMac card.

Disclaimer. I have not used Continuity/Handoff between Hector and my iDevices. But, tonymacx86 and several other moderators have done so and report success.

Continuity/Handoff depends upon having the latest WiFi/BT chipset(s). The Apple Support Document, which P1LGRIM sited, reflects the Apple Macs and iDevices with the appropriate WiFi/BT chipset to support Continuity/Handoff.

If you buy the iMac WiFi/BT card in the OP, you'll have Continuity/Handoff. I'm running the iMac WiFi/BT card in Hector with a System Definition of MacPro3,1 > see my post here for more information including a screen snapshot of the System Profile, Bluetooth information.

I've also upgraded my real Mac Pro (2008, 3,1) with this card and adapter from http://www.osxwifi.com/apple-broadc...th-4-0-with-adapter-for-macpro-2008-2007-2006 and will be upgrding my 2010 Mac Pro (5,1) shortly. So, Continuity/Handoff works with the iMac card.

Disclaimer. I have not used Continuity/Handoff between Hector and my iDevices. But, tonymacx86 and several other moderators have done so and report success.

Thank you very much for your answer and your help.
So, system definition isn't important. I will try to change again late.
I will buy this adapter and this card for ebay and hopefully everything works fine! :)

hey stork,

i asked about the Problem with bluetooth, we have the same board ...

WIFI function after all butn ot BT... It does not see devices

I have a question.
My hackintosh is wired to my router, so I don't have any wifi cards
I'm planning to buy a Bluetooth 4.0 adapter to enable Handoff, after patching with Continuity Activation Tool.
Will this work with a wired computer or I really need a wifi card?
Thanks in advance!

hey stork,

i asked about the Problem with bluetooth, we have the same board ...

WIFI function after all butn ot BT... It does not see devices
In About This Mac > System Information (or More Information) > Hardware > Bluetooth...is the BT hardware information shown?

I have a question.
My hackintosh is wired to my router, so I don't have any wifi cards
I'm planning to buy a Bluetooth 4.0 adapter to enable Handoff, after patching with Continuity Activation Tool.
Will this work with a wired computer or I really need a wifi card?
Thanks in advance!

The one that I ve bought (search some page ago) runs with or without ethernet. It is perfect, handoff and continuity without activation tools on mac def 3.1 (mobo is p5kse, yosemite 10.10.1).
Yes it is a 50 dollars card and not a dongle but no issues. (Vendor and product id are right)

Hey guys,

I just popped a BCM94331CD in my Rig. Everything works so far, but Handoff and Instant Hotspot appear as not supported in system profiler. Shouldn't that work out of the box?

// EDIT: With System Definition Mac Mini 6,2 it works. It doesn't work with iMac14,2 iMac 15,1, MacPro 6,1, MacPro 3,1

Is this normal?

My system: Asus X99A, 5820k, GTX970

Apple Bluetooth-Softwareversion: 4.3.1f2 15015
Hardware, Funktionen und Einstellungen:
Adresse: 8C-2D-AA-2D-A4-C4
Bluetooth Low Energy wird unterstützt: Ja
Handoff wird unterstützt: Nein
Instant Hotspot wird unterstützt: Nein
Hersteller: Broadcom
Transport: USB
Chipsatz: 20702B0
Firmware-Version: v99 c8865
Bluetooth-Signal: Ein
Sichtbar: Aus
Verfügbar: Ja
Zeigegerät automatisch suchen: Ein
Entferntes Beenden des Ruhezustands: Ein
Hersteller-ID: 0x05AC
Produkt-ID: 0x828B
HCI-Version: 0x6
HCI-Revision: 0x22A1
LMP-Version: 0x6
LMP-Unterversion: 0x4163
Gerätetyp (Obergruppe): Computer
Gerätetyp (komplett): Mac Desktop
Composite-Klasse des Geräts: 0x380104
Geräteklasse (Obergruppe): 0x01
Geräteklasse (Untergruppe): 0x01
Dienstklasse: 0x1C0
Tastatur automatisch suchen: Ein
Geräte (verbunden, konfiguriert, etc.):

en2:
Kartentyp: AirPort Extreme (0x14E4, 0xF4)
Firmware-Version: Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0 (5.106.98.100.24)

Also, my magic mouse lags a little while using.. Any hints?

Back