Contribute
Register

Continuity and Handoff Capable Apple Mini Cards + PCIe and mini-PCIe Adapters

Yes it can be used. I received the "Broadcom BCM94360CD 802.11ac mini WLAN+Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless card" and the "Mini PCI-E Adapter for BCM94360CD/BCM94331CD Upgrated to Version 3.0" yesterday. Using the "half size mini-pci-e to full size mini pci-e adapter", i put everything together today. Did not connect the usb cable. So far wifi and bt work excellently. Have not yet tried hand off. I was mainly interested by ac wifi. Here are a few pictures:

View attachment 122804

View attachment 122805

View attachment 122806

View attachment 122807

Hi Remy.nice idea, what kind of a drill did you used for the antennas holes?

Thanks for sharing.

where did you get the antennas from ?

some links ?

And with this card is no configuration needed correct?

Hi Remy.nice idea, what kind of a drill did you used for the antennas holes?

Thanks for sharing.

An ordinary electric drill i got from wall mart for 35$.

where did you get the antennas from ?

some links ?

And with this card is no configuration needed correct?

I got everything from eBay. Usually it takes 2 to 4 weeks to come from china.
For the cable, search on eBay "U.FL to RP-SMA female Pigtail Cable for PCI Card". U.FL and RP-SMA are the type of connectors on each end of the cable.
For the antenna, search for "Wireless WIFI Antenna Booster WLAN RP-SMA".
No, I did not do any configuration. So far wifi and bt continue to work without problem. I will conduct wifi speed tests and continuity and hand off test next week end. Will have to use a friend's phone, since i don't own a recent iphone.

Hi, anyone can recommend any internal antennas?

For BT+WIFI, instead of those ugly external ones..

Thanks.
JG

Do we know the speed of apples' s wifi ac card?
866 Mbps or more?
The iMac card I'm using gets 1300Mbps on my AC1750 router. While I have researched the iMac card's specifications, I'm guessing it's a AC1750 card, getting 450Mbps on 11n and 1300Mbps on 11ac. After all, Apple's current Airport Base Station is rated AC1750.

The iMac card I'm using gets 1300Mbps on my AC1750 router. While I have researched the iMac card's specifications, I'm guessing it's a AC1750 card, getting 450Mbps on 11n and 1300Mbps on 11ac. After all, Apple's current Airport Base Station is rated AC1750..

Ok so, 300 Mmps is iPhone's ac wifi speed+450 Mmps ssd's read speed=750 totally
A ac1200 router must be perfect!
Thank!

Back