Contribute
Register

Continuity and Handoff Capable Apple Mini Cards + PCIe and mini-PCIe Adapters

My BT works on the BCM94360CD (eBay) and I can successfully connect my BT headset for a prolonged period. But when I try to connect my iPad (for Handoff) or my Nexus 5, is disconnects within seconds.

I've read many a post regarding people having the same issue, just wondering if anyone has found a solution yet. I get "Network is unavailable".

If it matters, BTLE and Handoff are enabled in Settings and the profiler.

I bought a cheap adapter to go with the BCM94360CD I got, but I've run into a serious issue! Other commenters in this thread have pointed out that card ONLY works in a PCI-e x1 slot, but my motherboard has only an x4 and an x16 port! (GA-H87M-D3H). As a result the Bluetooth simply doesn't work at all, although the 802.11AC is pretty nice. :D

Am I stuck without bluetooth just because my computer doesn't have a 1x port, or is anyone aware of an adapter that works in any PCI-e speed slot? (Specifically x4 or x16)

And here's a PSA: DO NOT buy these adapters if you have an mATX or Mini-ITX board that only supports the higher speed PCI-e, the BCM94360CD simply won't work in anything but a 1x port according to reports and my own experience.

I have Emailed [email protected] to ask if the card they are selling would work in a X16 slot on an ASUS X99-S.
The answer is :

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in our product!

Yes this card will fully work in x16 slot, USB cable needed for x1 and x16 slots(and this is not for the power this is just because PCI-E doe not have USB line in it)

Best Regards,
OSXWiFi.com

Last edited:
Hi!

I bought the same PCIe card which is shown by TonyMac on the first page. Both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth work, I can send and receive files via Airdrop. Card is inserted into a PCIe x1 slot with USB connected. However, I don't seem to get handoff functionality to work.
I tried to turn it on and off on both my hack and my 5S phone but I don't see any changes.
Is there a setting I could have possibly forgotten to check off? I'm running 10.10.3+Clover.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Tonymacx86,
I purchased the setup your post is about from eBay and have it up and running with Hand-off and phone calls. I was just wondering if you have Air Drop working as I can't seem to get the "iPhone - not connected" per your picture at

www.tonymacx86.com/members/tonymacx...-call-yosemite/107780-bluetooth-iphone-found/

to "iPhone connected"

Hack 27" late 2013 BT finds the iPhone 6+ but won't connect. Did you/do you have the same problem with this card?

Cheers

BT and WIFI worked out of the box. I purchased the combo from OSXWIFI.com.

However, Handoff only works from Mac to iPhone, not from iPhone to Mac. This should be software problem, right? I installed it in the x1 slot on my Mobo. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Back