Contribute
Register

Continuity and Handoff Capable Apple Mini Cards + PCIe and mini-PCIe Adapters

Based on the pictures looks like you got the right parts and don't need anything else. The only difference between yours and mine are the country from where they are shipped. Yours seem China while mines are Germany and Netherlands resp.

Good luck!
Phew... hahaha I was hoping someone would say that :p the only issue is when connected, the system doesn't recognize the card.....
Do i need to install any bluetooth kexts or wifi kexts? I'm running the latest revision of clover. I removed the airport patch since my system wouldn't boot with the card and an airport kext that I ddn't even need.

Would really appreciate your input.

The card works as I verified the bluetooth working on my windows partition.. just doesnt want to recognize on my hackintosh sigh...

:)
bluetooth.png

ghelanijimmy,

Check in System info->USB if you have a BCM20702A0 bluetooth controller that has vendor ID 0a5c and product ID 22be (which means you have a knockoff BCM94360CD). If that is the case, you need BTFirmwareUploader kext with your product/vendor id in it so that yosemite can enable bluetooth. For Handoff to work you need the latest clover patch and in my experience, erp disabled in BIOS. Try that and post your results.

ghelanijimmy,

Check in System info->USB if you have a BCM20702A0 bluetooth controller that has vendor ID 0a5c and product ID 22be (which means you have a knockoff BCM94360CD). If that is the case, you need BTFirmwareUploader kext with your product/vendor id in it so that yosemite can enable bluetooth. For Handoff to work you need the latest clover patch and in my experience, erp disabled in BIOS. Try that and post your results.

Hey mobster1940 thank you for the reply. I tried looking for erp but my ex-58-ud5 doesnt have that option so i turned off usb for mouse and keyboard and pme.
I looked in my system info and my usb section has no bluetooth in it at all.

That's what I'm so confused about.... I'm putting the usb cable from the adapter to the f_usb1 port on my board. Is that wrong? I even tried putting it in the 1394 port just to see but that didn't work either...

I'm so lost now lol. Thank you very very much for helping me with this. I usually try and figure things out but this one got me stumped...

EDIT**
I booted into windows and went to my Devices and noticed that the chip was infact called BCM20702A0... so basically I have to edit the plist in the BTfirmwareuploader kext and add the vendor and product id for bcm20702a0 right? I hope im getting that right..

The only other thing i noticed is that my device manager shows a yellow exclaimation mark on broadcom 802.11ac wireless and when i go to properties, it says that the device cannot start error code 10. Does that mean the windows just doenst have the right driver for it but the card itself is recognized or is something actually preventing it to start and therefor my hackintosh partition can't recognize it since it doesn't even show up in my system info for my hack?

THanks a bunch again.. :)

Last edited:
ghelanijimmy,

Ok so i'm really sorry for so many messages, but I finallllllly got BCM20702A0 to show up under my USB Bus section of system info and it shows a product id of 22b3 and vendor id of 0a5c. Same in ioreg.

I went into the btfirmware kext and edited the plist as follows:
<key>BCM-Test-22be-0a5c</key>
<dict>
<key>idProduct</key>
<integer>22BE</integer>
<key>idVendor</key>
<integer>0A5C</integer>
</dict>

Is that right or should the product id and vendor id be something else? Should I try putting the product id to 4360 and the vendor to 14e4?

So lost now.. haha. Bluetooth still shows unavailable and wifi is a no go as well...
bcm.pngbcm20702a0.png

well i got mine today ... i plugged it in and everything seems to work as it should be and i was able to connect with bluetooth and connected my magic trackpad / wifi also works but i m still not able to connect it to any wifi network / even tried all pci/e lanes / delete network pref from systemconfigration ... still not able to connect it to wifi ... what is the problem :(

btw m using 2013 MacPro system profile ... if it has to do anything with it :/

I finally got my bluetooth to work kindof. My magic mouse and trackpad pair up with it no problem, but as soon as I just touch the mouse or trackpad my computer crashes and restarts.

Bluetooth audio input doesnt work either but bluetooth audio output works just fine. When I go to sound preferences and change my default input to the bluetooth input it crashes again.

What can i do to fix this?

well i got mine today ... i plugged it in and everything seems to work as it should be and i was able to connect with bluetooth and connected my magic trackpad / wifi also works but i m still not able to connect it to any wifi network / even tried all pci/e lanes / delete network pref from systemconfigration ... still not able to connect it to wifi ... what is the problem :(

btw m using 2013 MacPro system profile ... if it has to do anything with it :/

same problem here. bt and handoff works but no wifi networks are shown. nobody seems to know a solution

Back