Contribute
Register

Continuity activation tool for BT4 dongles, anyone seen/tried this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just tried this and it didn't work. Specifically, in the System Preferences / General menu, I do not get the "enable continuity" option to even appear.

My setup: Hp Probook 4540s laptop with HD4000 graphics & 3632M core i7 processor. This system self-reports as a mid-2012 macbook pro. Running osX 10.10.1 with Clover bootloader. Wireless card is a Broadcomm 4322 a/b/g/draft n card, and my dongle is the GBU 521.

In the initial assessment from the tool (which doesn't make any changes), there were a couple of places where it reported "this tool can try to fix this". After I ran the tool, it reported a successful completion. I restarted, went to enable the Continuity toggle, and sat that it wasn't available.

In my iCloud settings, I have Find my Mac and Back to my Mac disabled. I have never set up iMessage on this computer, so I haven't gone through getting a valid serial number.

I'm going to use the tool to revert, since it apparently disables the driver signing requirement.

I'm a bit of a newb at Hackintoshing (I've never owned an actual Mac, and only played with Unix superficially a decade ago), so if I've left out a step that was probably important, or information vital to figuring out what I did wrong, somebody please let me know and I'll try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back