Contribute
Register

Constant Wake From Sleep Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edhawk thanks for the information. I went ahead and made the changes you suggested and created the SSDT-Plug File. I also went back through my config.plist and tried to enable the OC GUI. However, now I am having issues even getting it to boot. I then have to go back and boot from my USB drive instead. Not sure what is causing it. Also I am getting the following OCValidate Errors.

OCS: Missing key Comment, context <Drivers>!

OCS: Missing key ReconnectGraphicsOnConnect, context <Output>!

OCS: Missing key UIScale, context <Output>!

Serialization returns 5 errors!

I also get stuck here when rebooting.

Any help would be appreciated.
you need to add in those missing keys to your config.plist, check the sample.plist from opencore download

Did you use the CleanNvram.efi tool and reboot the system, when you first tried booting from the USB? You need to make sure that the old settings, some of which may be held in Nvram are not used.

Your Tool, Driver and Kext entries are not set correctly for the latest version of OpenCore. The latest versions have additional lines under each entry.

I have changed the entries in your config to what the latest version of OC expects to find. I have also cleaned up the config.plist, by removing a number of unused placeholder entries.

Try the EFI folder attached and see if the changes I made help.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5.6 MB · Views: 57
@Edhawk So I took the EFI folder you created and replaced my current EFI folder with it. I then went in and only added my system information (Serial, MLB, etc...). I then rebooted ran CleanNvram.efi twice from the EFI on my startup disk (where I put your EFI) and I got the classic Text Bootloader, and when I selected my HD with the EFI on it I got the below error.

I also tried to load the UEFI from my USB and ran CleanNvram.efi, rebooted back to my HD EFI, and tried the same thing.

Sorry to bug you but really struggling to figure this out.

Attachments

• 20211128_234810.jpeg
    20211128_234810.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 37
Try this one, I have replaced the previous SSDT-EC-USBX.aml with Dortania's Desktop version, which contains a number of EC fixes. The previous one only contained a single EC fix.

Everything else is the same. At least you got past the OC comment issues with the previous EFI.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5.6 MB · Views: 59
Hey @Edhawk not sure what is going on. I tried your new EFI folder as I did yesterday with running CleanNvram and got the same error code. I then ran the config file through OCValidate and got the errors in the image attached. I fixed those errors and rebooted which gave me the GUI interface, but then got another error.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 7.04.16 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 7.04.16 AM.png
    146.5 KB · Views: 34
  • EFITest.zip
    5.6 MB · Views: 62
  • Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 7.06.55 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 7.06.55 AM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 37
  • Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 7.08.00 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 7.08.00 AM.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 32
  • Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 7.07.39 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 7.07.39 AM.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 32
I just ran the OC validate script on the config in your Test EFI. It contains two errors, which I have fixed in the attached config.plist.

Try this config.plist in place of your current one and see what happens.

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    4.1 KB · Views: 32
I just ran the OC validate script on the config in your Test EFI. It contains two errors, which I have fixed in the attached config.plist.

Man @Edhawk I really appreciate your help on this, but unfortunately I got the same issue again. I used your config file and I booted up and got another panic. I really can't figure this out.

Attachments

• 20211203_081910.jpeg
    20211203_081910.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 38

So I have got the computer to do better at staying asleep, however, I am still getting some random wakelocks.
Also, the computer only goes to sleep if I put it to sleep using the power menu. Any additional thoughts help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-12-09 at 6.38.45 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-12-09 at 6.38.45 AM.png
    176.8 KB · Views: 24
  • EFICurrent.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 38
You may need to change some of your System-Wide Power settings.

If you open Hackintool app, navigate to the Power tab, as shown below. What does your system show?

Screenshot 2021-12-09 at 17.16.49.png Hackintool > Power tab - system wide power settings

I normally use Terminal to set these options whenever I run a new installation, or upgrade from one major version of macOS to another. These are the settings I use.

To show the current settings in Terminal:
sudo pmset -g

Disable Hibernation
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage
sudo mkdir /var/vm/sleepimage

Disable other hibernation options

sudo pmset -a standby 0
sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 0
sudo pmset -a powernap 0

You may need to use similar settings with your system.

You may need to change some of your System-Wide Power settings.

If you open Hackintool app, navigate to the Power tab, as shown below. What does your system show?

View attachment 536776 Hackintool > Power tab - system wide power settings

I normally use Terminal to set these options whenever I run a new installation, or upgrade from one major version of macOS to another. These are the settings I use.

To show the current settings in Terminal:
sudo pmset -g

Disable Hibernation
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage
sudo mkdir /var/vm/sleepimage

Disable other hibernation options
sudo pmset -a standby 0
sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 0
sudo pmset -a powernap 0

You may need to use similar settings with your system.
Thanks I will give these a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back