Graphics
onboard intel
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello, I am about at my wits end. I originally installed my system with 10.6.7 with no issues. Update to 10.6.8, no sound. Hours of work got sound back.

Updated to 10.7.1, sound works. Updated to 10.7.2 no sound. Hours of work later, still could not get sound to work.

Cloned system back to 10.7.1, sound works. Then a few days later, (today), no sound. A few hours work, still no sound.

Everything looked normal under system prefs, and the volume slider goes up and down with the keyboard, but no actual sound output.

Now the latest is that under sound output it only says Soundflower 2ch and Soundflower 16ch.

****Update! **** Operator Error****

I carefully followed instructions on how to remove kexts and re-installed using Multibeast user DSDT selecting the Realtek audio and Apple rollback.

Still no audio out of the green 1/8 jack on the motherboard.....I then checked About This Mac, and all the audio functions appear to be normal...Also, under System Prefs, all options appeared normal. I then selected "Internal Speakers" instead of "Line Out" and the sound was working normal.

I cannot remember how the settings were previous to this, but my guess is that after certain updates, Line Out gets selected versus Internal Speakers and vice versa.

When this happens I am not smart enough to pick up on this. I would have bet money that a while back the audio output was selected as "Line Out" and worked. Now it appears that "Internal Speakers" is the correct setting. Either way, I don't know for sure. But in the future, I will check these settings much closer before assuming the worst!

Lesson learned is if I lose sound after a software update or new App install, check the Audio Output settings closely. I think and app may have changed this but I am not sure which one....

Thank you!

Re: Constant No Sound Issues with Gigabyte GA-H55M-UD2H

I think I am going to try a USB audio solution. I ordered the Syba C audio USB and will give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back