EVGA GTX460 1GB Superclocked
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all

I have the following messages in Console and was wondering what they mean and if I should do anything about it:

Sender: com.apple.kextd[10]
Message: Cant load /System/Library/Extensions/IOSerialFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/InternalModemSupport.kext - no code for running kernel's architecture

Message: Failed to load /System/Library/Extensions/IOSerialFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/InternalModemSupport.kext - (libkern/kext) requested architecture/executable not found

Message: load com.apple.driver.InternalModemSupport failed; removing personalities

Sender: com.apple.kextcache[123]
Message: /System/Library/Extensions/IOSerialFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/InternalModemSupport.kext doesn't support architecture x86_64; omitting from prelinked kernel.

Sender: com.apple.kextcache[123]
Message: /System/Library/Extensions/JMicronATA.kext doesn't support architecture x86_64; omitting from prelinked kernel.

Any ideas guys?

Thanks

What it is telling you is that you have some plugins that can't be loaded because they are 32-bit and can't be run in 64-bit, so the system dropped them and did not load them.

Also your jMicronATA kext is 32-bit only.

If you plan to run 64-bit and use a PATA drive on the 44-pin IDE port, you need a different jMicronATA.kext.

BTW, is your board a EX58 or a X58A - I don't see a EX58A-UD3R on GA's website.

Oops my bad. I've corrected my motherboard name.

Is there a correct JMicronATA kext that works in 64bit? The current kext that I have was installed via Multibeast 3.9.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back