Intel Core i7-6700K
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GTX 980
Hello all,

First off all, I am new to Hackintosh.

I would like to use the following hardware to build my hackintosh:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Q77M-D2H
Processor: Intel Core i7-3770 3.4Ghz
As I understand it correctly, you have to start the installation with Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard

Retail DVD and then upgrade to LION and/or Mountain Lion.

But I did read something on this forum here that the Intel Core i7-3770 is not supported by Snow Leopard.

So, now I don’t understand how to start as I have to start with SL with an Intel Core i7-3770 installed on my motherboard.

Can someone explain if I did this understand correctly?

Thanks in advance,

Johan

At the present time, there is no way to install OS X 10.6.x on ivy bridge board with ivy bridge cpu and be able to boot from HDD because 10.6 does not support ivy bridge. You can install it on ivy by using the iBoot Legacy CD, but doing so gives you system information that the app store checks and then refuses to allow the download because "your system will not run Mountain Lion".

For right now, to install ML on ivy you need access to a mac or hack running at least 10.6.6 so you can get the app store and download ML and create your UniBeast USB installer. Then you can install ML direct to HDD/SDD.

Hello all,

As I understand it correctly, you have to start the installation with Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard

But I did read something on this forum here that the Intel Core i7-3770 is not supported by Snow Leopard.

So, now I don’t understand how to start as I have to start with SL with an Intel Core i7-3770 installed on my motherboard.

Thanks in advance,

Johan

Bachatero

Your are like being between a "Rock and a Hard place" - as Going Bald has stated its not really posible to get it done w the newer chipsets and any IvyBridge CPU.

So either Lion or Mountain Lion would be your alternatives.

And to make that ML USB stick as per the instructions on Unibeast.com tell us how - this becomes very hard indead w the list of hardware you have- if you look at the GigaByte Motherboards listing in the DSDT section of the ToanyMacX86 website you will see that it is listing the Intel ChipSets that the Motherboard is manufactured we - a lot of the newer ones are not listed - due in part to Apple stopping development on any of these chipsets as it was developing Lion / ML at the time to use these newer chip sets. Its more of a revenue stream from Apples perspective.

So know someone w a Real Mac would be helpful. Now is you have an older couputer (clone) w a motherboard that is listed in the DSDT section ( of know of someone who has one on a shelf) then you maybe able to build a HACK from that hardware. Do remember that ony a real Hack will work - no AMD CPU's will work on what you want to do.

Hello all,

Thanks in advance,

Johan

Johan

UPDATE
News Flash....

We have a new iBoot cd for Ivy Bridge that supports the Ivy Bridge line of CPU's and this should allow you to get you to install SL and then allow You to get to the APP store and purchase - download - make - and install a UniBeast flash Drive. :clap:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/snow-leop...x-10-6-snow-leopard-ivy-bridge-based-pcs.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back