Put together this spec

Intel Core i3-2105
GA-H67MA-USB3-B3
4x4GB xms3 RAM
Samsung F3 1TB 7200RPM HDD
LG 22x DVD±RW drive
Corsair VX450 PSU (already got this)
Fractal Design Core 1000 Case

I saw that the HD3000 gfx are supported now but is it only in lion? so will i have to wait till after a method of installing lion without SL is released? or will i be able to install SL using HD3000?

a bit confused!

rowwwgan said:
Put together this spec

Intel Core i3-2105
GA-H67MA-USB3-B3
4x4GB xms3 RAM
Samsung F3 1TB 7200RPM HDD
LG 22x DVD±RW drive
Corsair VX450 PSU (already got this)
Fractal Design Core 1000 Case

I saw that the HD3000 gfx are supported now but is it only in lion? so will i have to wait till after a method of installing lion without SL is released? or will i be able to install SL using HD3000?

a bit confused!

Wait, until tony make the HDMI Audio for HD3000, and post the new working CustoMac Mini build.

well audio over hmdi is of no importance to me cos i jut plug my hifi out the headphone out? or am i missing the point ;D?

rowwwgan said:
well audio over hmdi is of no importance to me cos i jut plug my hifi out the headphone out? or am i missing the point ;D?
When tony get working the HDMI Audio, it will be tutorial how to get working.

I have no idea why Mate94 is talking about HDMI audio.

Anyways, when we say that a graphics card is unsupported, that probably just means that your resolution will be stuck at 1024x768, which is the default fallback resolution. And QE/CI won't work, whatever the heck that is (I'll admit that I'm not a gamer). Basically, your graphics card will not work very well-- but it'll should still be able to create a picture on your monitor. So you'll probably still be able to install Snow Leopard. You'll just have to upgrade to Lion to get your graphics card working 100% (supported).

Keep in mind that I've never actually tried to use the graphic in my i5 2500K (I have a P67 motherboard), so I can't confirm this from personal experience.

TheSmartGuy said:
I have no idea why Mate94 is talking about HDMI audio.

Anyways, when we say that a graphics card is unsupported, that probably just means that your resolution will be stuck at 1024x768, which is the default fallback resolution. And QE/CI won't work, whatever the heck that is (I'll admit that I'm not a gamer). Basically, your graphics card will not work very well-- but it'll should still be able to create a picture on your monitor. So you'll probably still be able to install Snow Leopard. You'll just have to upgrade to Lion to get your graphics card working 100% (supported).

Keep in mind that I've never actually tried to use the graphic in my i5 2500K (I have a P67 motherboard), so I can't confirm this from personal experience.

I have no clue what QE/CI is either, but I have read that is very important for certain programs to function properly (iMovie I saw was an example).

Mate94 said:
rowwwgan said:
When tony get working the HDMI Audio, it will be tutorial how to get working.

He means that tonymacx86 is currently trying to get HDMI audio to work with HD3000 (he already has everything else working), and when he does he will release a bunch of new tools and a tutorial on how to get all things related to HD3000 to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back