Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Plus
Hi,

I've been searching around but haven't found an answer to my question.

I have an Antec 300 case, which has the same front panel connectors as the Antec Sonata for audio.

When I compare the signal names used by Gigabyte and those used by Antec some of them do not match. This is true for both HDA and AC'97.

I'm wondering if the front panel connections on the Antec cases are compatible with the Gigabyte motherboards. If so, how have you connected up your front panel, did you use the HDA or the AC'97 connector? I know that there is a bios setting to specify which type of front panel connection is being used.

Thanks you for any help you are able to provide.

Randy

Hey there-

I use the HDA connectors- and front headphone is now working with switching from the back green port. But front mic is currently unvailable- check out the latest bios version for your board, update to the latest DSDT that I've edited, and update to the latest LegacyHDA kext here:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=870

This should maximize your outputs for now. ;)

Tony,

Thanks for the quick response. I'm waiting for my components to arrive and I will be using MultiBeast so I assume I will pick up all the latest kext's if I download MultiBeast just prior to doing the install (i.e. MutliBeast is kept up to date). If not, please let me know and I will download the latest LegacyHDA kext.

Thanks,
Randy

Hmm... their manuals claim that they use standard pin-out though... :think:
Just with different names for no good reason, talk about confusing o_O

antec.png

Attachments

• antec.png
    antec.png
    14.7 KB · Views: 4,233
Hi,

I have read many posts about the pinout of the connectors Antec is using, but I have yet to find one where there has been a resolution posted. I see people with Antec cases listed in their signature here, so I was hoping one of them might be able to answer my question.

Thanks,
Randy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back