Contribute
Register

Confirmed Audio Interfaces (Hobbyist/Pro-sumer/Pro) & Drivers - Mac OS X

I use the Akai EIE pro interface. It requires a driver program from the Akai website. The mavericks one works on Yosemite perfectly for me on Z77N-wifi desktop, HP probook 6360b and Asus Vivobook x202e. It also worked perfectly in mavericks and mountain lion. The unit connects via USB 2. Hope this information is useful. :)

I can confirm that the Phonic Helix FireWire MKII 18 and 24 channel boards both function in OS X without any 3rd party drivers, while the Alesis Firewire 12 functions under OS X Mountain Lion and lower with the appropriate drivers.

I have a Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56 and a MBox 2 Mini running with Yosemite 10.10.3 under the following hardware:
Asus P7P55D-E Pro - i7 860 2,8Ghz - NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT 1024 MB

Also Apollo Twin Solo running with Yosemite 10.10.3 under the following hardware:
GA-Z87x-UD5 TH with i5 4460 3,2 Ghz - NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT 1024 MB

Here are all the audio inferences I've used on my Hackintosh.
TASCAM US-1800: works 90% of the time. Drivers are never updates. If it doesn't work then you just have to restart your computer and then it works just fine. Product is now discontinued.
TASCAM US-16x08: Same as the other interface. Hopefully Tascam does a better job of updating drivers and stuff.

I don't know if it's already been said, but I'm using DIGI002 (only to convert FW to SPDIF so I can monitor using my CraneSong HEDD 192) in Yosemite 10.10.3 without any problems on PT11.
I'm also using a UAD2 OCTO PCIe and a UAD2 Satellite QUAD FW (vía Thunderbolt to FW adapter) without a hitch.
Hope it's useful info!
Cheers.

I'm using a Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6 USB interface.

No driver needed. Just plug and play.
I'm using it with Garageband and my guitar and microphone. Works like a champ!

Oh, and with a powered USB hub I also use it on my iPad Air 2 with Garageband.

Back