Graphics
Radeon HD 7770
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I had a hackintosh at some point last year, I decided to revert back to windows so that I could use my Radeon HD 7770, but thanks to 10.8.3 I can have the best of both worlds. I am hoping to use this thread to help myself, as well as many any other new tonymac members that may use it for their newly compatible GPU.

My build:
CPU- Intel 3770-K
Motherboard- Intel DZ77GA-70K
SSD: Intel 520 series 128GBRAM: 16GB PC2400 DDR3 2400
GPU: Radeon HD-7770 1GB

I have already installed unibeast onto a bootable disk using this thread for ML:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

I am currently trying to install ML onto my computer, and am getting sent back to bios when I select the USB stick. I am not sure why but I think I can figure this one out myself. Any help would still be appreciated.

At the screen where you choose USB, have you tried putting in -x -v and then hitting enter?

No, but i just had to fix some bios settings. UEFI was enabled so I disabled it and it worked.
Also I believe due to my graphics card I had to switch to the native HD4000 graphics.

Okay so after hours of trying different bios configurations I realized that the issue was caused by me leaving in my GPU. It seems that the GPU must be entirely removed from the PC in order to boot the USB drive. I have no idea why. I am currently waiting for ML to load the welcome screen (it's taking quite a while).

What have you done then? Installing VIA the onboard and then going to use the dedicated GPU post install?

As I will be doing the same thing (With a different card) so curious to see how it works :p But I assume it will just be a case of using Multibeast to install the kext for your GPU?

Yes I am currently using the intel hd graphics. After installation and following previous steps from the post listed I am now receiving a "boot media not found" error while trying to load mountain lion. Perhaps I need a new DSDT. Can anybody create one for me?

Oddly enough the previous error was cause by me removing the USB stick. Also I am still required to boot into ML in safe mode, does anybody know how I can resolve this as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back