CPU
Graphics
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi!!! I have an ATI 6670 DDR5 1GB in my hack.

What I need is to get the right config because I'm geting ATI Radeon HD Nl40 in graphics specs.

I have tryed severals aticonfig (bulrushes, kudzu, etc) in org.chameleon.Boot.plist and nothing works, so I can only boot with GraphicsEnabler=NO

I Found this in other blog:

Well, I finally got this card working.

If you weren't aware, there is a new version of Chimera in the Downloads section which you'll need to download. unfortunately, it still looks as though the frame buffer is kNull for the 6670 in this new version of Chimera, as I kept getting the 'Unsupported card' message on boot when making "GraphicsEnabler=Yes".

Luckily though, it is possible to run the "make" command in terminal for this version of Chimera, so what you need to do is:

Download Chameleon by pasting this command into terminal:

svn co http://forge.voodooprojects.org/svn/chameleon

This will download all the branches of Chameleon, but it is just the Chimera branch that you want. Once it has downloaded (can take a while), navigate to the Chimera folder and look for the ati.c file in the i386/libsaio folder & do a search for 6670 in the ati.c file (it's towards the bottom of the file).

You will see the frambuffer is kNull, so I changed that to Bullrushes.

You then need to navigate to the Chimera folder in terminal using the cd command. So you will type in something like cd OSX/Chameleon/Chimera & it will take you to the Chimera folder in terminal.

then type:

make

which will make a new boot file in Chimera/Sym/i386 folder. Copy this file to the root of your drive & restart with crossed fingers.

Your Hack should boot & all is working a-ok!!

Hope that helps, but I'll try my best to answer any questions that people might have.

Good luck!

But I can pass the make step, because I'm getting: "no target specified and no makefile found"

If anyone knows something please tell me

Thanks

Hi!!! I have an ATI 6670 DDR5 1GB in my hack.

What I need is to get the right config because I'm geting ATI Radeon HD Nl40 in graphics specs.

I have tryed severals aticonfig (bulrushes, kudzu, etc) in org.chameleon.Boot.plist and nothing works, so I can only boot with GraphicsEnabler=NO

I Found this in other blog:

Well, I finally got this card working.

If you weren't aware, there is a new version of Chimera in the Downloads section which you'll need to download. unfortunately, it still looks as though the frame buffer is kNull for the 6670 in this new version of Chimera, as I kept getting the 'Unsupported card' message on boot when making "GraphicsEnabler=Yes".

Luckily though, it is possible to run the "make" command in terminal for this version of Chimera, so what you need to do is:

Download Chameleon by pasting this command into terminal:

svn co http://forge.voodooprojects.org/svn/chameleon

This will download all the branches of Chameleon, but it is just the Chimera branch that you want. Once it has downloaded (can take a while), navigate to the Chimera folder and look for the ati.c file in the i386/libsaio folder & do a search for 6670 in the ati.c file (it's towards the bottom of the file).

You will see the frambuffer is kNull, so I changed that to Bullrushes.

You then need to navigate to the Chimera folder in terminal using the cd command. So you will type in something like cd OSX/Chameleon/Chimera & it will take you to the Chimera folder in terminal.

then type:

make

which will make a new boot file in Chimera/Sym/i386 folder. Copy this file to the root of your drive & restart with crossed fingers.

Your Hack should boot & all is working a-ok!!

Hope that helps, but I'll try my best to answer any questions that people might have.

Good luck!

But I can pass the make step, because I'm getting: "no target specified and no makefile found"

If anyone knows something please tell me

Thanks

SOLVED

I have a XFX 6670 DDR5 1GB and the aticonfig that works is ipomoea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back