i5 2500k
Graphics
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have had my system work perfectly for almost a year now. During the night my computer woke up from sleep mode and since I was tired I held the power button to turn it off. I turned it on later during the day and everything worked perfectly until I restarted my computer. Then the computer turns off at the boot screen every time! Please help!

Hey I am having the same problem. Did a clean install for the fifth time now because my computer keeps crashing down. Now it only lasted a couple of hours after installation for this to happen, sometimes it will 'work' for a couple of months.

When I perform a clean install (Mountain Lion) it will immediately run unstable: apps crash randomly (from safari to logic pro and text editor), computer freezes or shuts down power out of nowhere. Then after some time I will try to boot my computer and it hangs at the boot screen with the apple logo and just shuts itself down after a couple of seconds. This time suddenly my hackintosh didn't recognize my audio drivers anymore (got a popup screen that it was removed). Then when I tried to reboot it started hanging and shutting down again.

this is my hardware:

Intel Core i7 2600K Boxed
Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
XFX HD 6870 1024 MB DDR5 DisplayPort
Western Digital Green WD20EARX, 2TB (for mac data)
Cooler Master Silencio 550
Apple Keyboard
Corsair Vengeance CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9B
Lite-On IHAS124 Zwart
XFX Pro 550W
2x Crucial m4 CT128M4SSD2 128GB (SSD) - I use one SSD to boot windows and one SSD to boot Mountain Lion.

I used this guide and a couple of settings shown in the screenshot: http://www.tonymacx86.com/lion-desk...x-ud3h-b3-ati-6870-clean-ml-lion-install.html
for audio I use: Realtek ALC889
internet (LAN): Realtek RTL8111E
with a user DSDT on my desktop: DSDT-GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3-F12.aml

Did either of you guys figure out a solution to this problem?

I ran into the same thing. Machine works flawlessly for 8 months and then randomly pops up a progress bar at the grey boot screen and just powers down. I reinstalled and then a week later it does the same thing.

Did you find resolution to this? I have having the same issue. I haven't done anything differently since I did the build 3 years ago. But it all of the sudden started shutting off. This occurred right after a reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back