Contribute
Register

Computer could not be verified app store error

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll work on a new smbios.plist. How is it that I fix the Kernel Flags key has no associated string tag?

I have an Ethernet port, but I need to find the drivers for it.

The same issue here as well, plus my bt does not get back to life.
removing the netplist and editing the smbiosplist does not solve the access issue,
further more, I have updated my real SN (from my broken macbook) still the same...
for some reasons booting the system with the unibeast usb solves the access issue, not sure why

try this before all the advanced tweaking:
go to system preferences and correctly set your mac in region.
the mac needs to geographically be in the region your Apple ID belongs to,
otherwise it cannot verify it.

Hi, did try you suggestion, but finally letting the OS do some security updates solved the issue.

Hey i have this same computer could not be verified error ? what to do ? i have tried out everything but still error is showing.

Hey i have this same computer could not be verified error ? what to do ? i have tried out everything but still error is showing.
Hello are you using chimera chameleon or clover for your bootloader the fix is the same for chimera and chameleon but it is a bit tricky for clover if using chimera or chameleon have you injected your Ethernet device properties in to your org.chameleon.boot.plist and then delete NetworkIntefaces.plist in Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration and then hit the minus sign on all your network devices in system preferences then reboot and add them back and log in

Solved for me: Deleting Networkinterfaces.plist, Getting a serial via Chameleon Wizard, rebooting and readding (!) my network interfaces.

Now working like a charm, thanks!

Got it working.
This is what worked for me:
- Download Chameleon Wizard
- Download EFI Studio
- In Chameleon Wizard:
  • SMBios Tab:
    • Click edit and choose MacBookPro9,1 (I'm using a notebook) in the Premade SMBioses
    • Click Random for both Week of Manufacture and Unique Number
    • Save
  • org.chameleon.Boot Tab:
    • Miscellaneous:
      • Check SMBios.plist
      • Select the SMBios.plist (/Extra folder) file in the box below.
      • Check Ethernet Built In
      • Save

- In EFI Studio
  • Select Ethernet
  • Click Add Device
  • Click Hex String to Clipboard

- Edit /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist file (I've used vim for that)
  • Add 4 lines before the </dict> tag:
    • <key>UseKernelCache</key>
    • <string>No</string>
    • <key>device-properties</key>
    • <string></string>
  • Paste the Hex string copied in EFI Studio between <string> and </string>
  • Save

- In System Preferences - Network
  • Click the minus sign to delete all Network Interfaces

- In Finder
  • Go to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration
  • Delete NetworkInterfaces.plist

- Reboot

- In System Preferences - Network
  • Click the plus button to add your Network interfaces back, ethernet first

This should fix it :headbang:

Note:
Also I'm getting a lot of download errors in the appstore. I don't know if it has any relation to this (probably not).

I hope this helps :)

Last edited:
Thank you @darthjesus
I followed a number of 'guides' to no avail. I recently switched to Clover and Yosemite (10.10) and suddenly started getting this error. I followed your guide but used Clover instead (I pasted the hex code in the device properties).
I rebooted, readded my device and it worked!
Ponty

In about this Computer your Ethernet has to be at en0. If you have a wifi card in the system. Remove it. Reinstall your operating system. Check your about this computer and your ethernet card will say en0 as the BSD. Shut down and install your wifi card and it will get to the apps store just fine. ethernet must be on en0.

Ethernet must read en0 in about this Mac. Remove the wifi card and reinstall the OP. It will default to eno. after that install your wifi card and it will be fixed...I promise!!

I followed all of your steps darthjesus and got a Watchdog kernel panic after rebooting.

I then rebooted using -x -v and used Time Machine to revert back to my previous smbios.plist and org.chameleon.Boot.plist and then rebooted again.

After adding back my network interfaces (ethernet first, wifi second) I was able to use the App Store!!! I did notice the en changed from 1 to 0 after doing this. The odd thing was I did it before as well but I skipped the step of deleting the NetworkInterfaces.plist so that may have done the trick.

Just wanted to add this as you may only need to clear the network interfaces, delete the networkinterfaces.plist and reboot and readd them without having to fiddle around with the serial numbers. I will say my iMessage is not working after this however, but it had not worked to begin with anyway... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back