Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
z17x-gaming5
CPU
i7 6700k
Graphics
gtx 1080ti
Please help to put together a team to run macOS yosemite or el capitan, what components could you recommend, I appreciate your help in advance, to be able to use it with protools, which is a program for music production

Use skylake or earlier (kaby lake, broadwell, haswell, etc.) 8th gen intel cpus or earlier.

Please help to put together a team to run macOS yosemite or el capitan, what components could you recommend, I appreciate your help in advance, to be able to use it with protools, which is a program for music production
El Capitan 10.11.6 only supports up to Intel 6th generation CPUs (Skylake) (although with a little FakeCPUID tweak it should also run on 7th generation CPUs) and motherboards so that or older hardware will be what you need.

Do you need a separate graphics card as well? If so you should only choose those that are supported on El Capitan, which means no current graphics cards can be used and you can only use second hand cards such as GTX760.

If you don't need a separate graphics card you can also use the CPU integrated graphics in Skylake CPUs or earlier with El Capitan.

So you can, for example, get a Z170 / H170 / B150 motherboard, an i3 / i5 / i7 6xxx CPU, and compatible DDR4 RAM to run El Capitan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back