Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
My dads old iMac broke and now I want to build a hackintosh for him. Only thing is, he wants it to be as silent as a mac. Anyone any tips for me how to do that? What cooler should I buy? What PSU is very silent and which GPU is the best? The GPU should run two 4K or two 1440p monitors (he hasn't decided yet..) and that's it. He doesn't do video editing or gaming so that doesn't really matter. Silence is the most important thing.

These are the parts I have already chosen:

Case:

CPU:
Core i7-4790K
Ram:
Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB
GPU:

HDD:

SSD:
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD
PSU:

Motherboard:
Gigabyte (GA-H97-HD3)

Thanks in advance

I built one in 2012. It has been a complete success. A Gigabyte Micro ATX motherboard, Core i7,
the key components was the NOFAN silent power supply and their passive cooling radiator.
A GT640 video card enabled triple 1920x1200 screens. Can run OSX El Capitan. No moving parts.

Agree in theory, but $220+ (per that particular link) for a 750 seems like a terrible price/performance deal.

If you want total silence it may cost more. Could also try the EVGA "Whisper silent" line of GTX9xx cards, but there will still be some fan noise. If you really want power and quiet, go for the Asus GTX980Ti Strix at $700. The reviews of this card are quite good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back