Contribute
Register

Completely non-computer related. And zombies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamsmasher

Data Destroyer
Staff member
Motherboard
ASUS Z490-P
CPU
i5 10400
Graphics
AMD 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
One of my other hobbies outside of pretending that I know what I'm doing with my computer is scale modeling. Normally I build tanks and things of that sort, but I thought I would make something a little different that combined one of my other interests: zombies (I'm not sure if you could classify zombies as a hobby).

Anyway, this is pretty much entirely scratch build with the exception of a frame from a Chevrolet pickup kit. If you crossed Mad Max with the zombie apocalypse, you'd get this:

Attachments

• acutr-final9.jpg
    acutr-final9.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 195
  • acutr-final2.jpg
    acutr-final2.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 204
  • acutr-final7.jpg
    acutr-final7.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 153
Some more pictures, since you can only attach three at a time.

Attachments

• acutr-final1.jpg
    acutr-final1.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 197
  • acutr-final6.jpg
    acutr-final6.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 216
  • acutr-final8.jpg
    acutr-final8.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 213
:eek: Wow!!
I am impressed! The details are absolutely amazing. Mad Max chase all the way! :clap:

By the way, what's the size of these "beauties"? You keep a certain ratio or whatever you call it in relation to the "original" or that varies with each project?

Great job man- looks like a really meticulous hobby! I'm interested to see that model next to like a deck of cards or something, so we can see the scale as well.

:)

It's 1/25 scale, which is not very descriptive in and of itself. I took a picture of the truck with a ruler next to it which I will upload once I hook up the camera

thanks for looking! :D

It's rly great! How u do it, can u explain the process?

I used to make airplane models from kits like Ravel but it was 20yrs ago, I still have some old WWI airplane model that my ex gf bought me a few yrs ago, waiting for me to paint/assemble it, but so little time for that I have lately. :(

adamsmasher said:
... I thought I would make something a little different that combined one of my other interests: zombies (I'm not sure if you could classify zombies as a hobby).

Zombies! I'm a fan too (although it's weird to say being a fan of dead things that want to eat your brains, but I guess I'll leave that to psychologists...).

Have you checked out "Last Night on Earth" zombie game? My friends and I love it. It's like playing your own B-movie horror movie controlling the over-eager high school football star, to an enigmatic town drifter, cheery chearleader, etc while you try to survive a set number of nights against a growing zombie hoard. You draw cards to change the flow of the game, like "teen romance" card where heroes lose a turn for um..extra-curricular activities, or the card that lets you put a dog into play, that distracts zombies for you. Good fun. Also there are different scenarios which add variety to the game, like survive long enough to find the car keys and fuel-up trucks for a getaway.

I've gotten people who don't generally like board games, to enjoy that game.
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/ ... ombie-game

You could use your painting and modeling skills too. A lot of people have made their own custom heroes and zombies, like here:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/448 ... d-in-a-day

Speaking of Zombies- anyone played Plants vs. Zombies- great new iPhone/iPod game. Addictive as anything...

tonymacx86 said:
Speaking of Zombies- anyone played Plants vs. Zombies- great new iPhone/iPod game. Addictive as anything...

Lol, I've played it, thou my wife finished it before me, it's funny game, every1 should try it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back