Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 5 Z370
CPU
Intel 8700k
Graphics
Gigabyte Aorus RX580 8GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hi all,

I'm having trouble getting a few things to work after updating from High Sierra to Mojave.

Here's what's going wrong at the moment:
  • I have a triple monitor setup, all connected through DP. Only 1 of them is working.
  • Error with Netflix video and other video streaming platforms (youtube and vimeo work though!). Error in Netflix is S7363-1260-FFFFD089
  • USB3 ports only deliver USB2 speeds

Everything seemed fine under High Sierra, so not sure what happened. I directly updated using the latest clover. Apart from that, I didn't change anything.

My specs:
  • CPU: Intel 8700k
  • Mainboard: Gigabyte Aorus Z370 Gaming 5
  • GPU: Gigabyte Aorus Radeon RX580 8GB
Hard drives, memory etc. just the compatible parts.

Hope someone can help me out on this, as pretty new to this.

Best,
Sander

UPDATE:

When trying out some solutions, I seem to have completely messed up my EFI folder, which makes Mojave not even boot anymore.

What I did was copying the EFI folder from this thread to my own, hoping it would at least fix the issues above as it seemed a pretty similar system. While it did fix the USB-speed and 3 screens, the Bluetooth wasn't working anymore so I decided to completely replace my config file, which made it unbootable. I guess don't mess with things you don't know about...

I'm still able to access the EFI-folder through windows, is there anything I could do to make this all work again? :(

Did you not make a copy of your config file before editing/replacing it? It is always a good idea to make a copy before changing things. I always just copy it in place and add .old to it.

I wish I had, but I'm afraid I didn't. :( I did make a backup of my Mac OS drive using Carbon Copy Cloner BEFORE updating to Mojave, but I guess that won't help anything?

EDIT: Sooooooo...I was lucky to find an old config file hidden in the 'trash' folder of the EFI partition.

At least I can boot back into the system now. For now I'm still running into a few issues:
  • Not all USB-ports work accordingly. I'm still checking all the ports
  • Bluetooth is not working anymore

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back