Graphics
GeForce GTX670 4GB
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I managed to get to the installer using the Unibeast thumb drive after GraphicsEnabler=No and removing my HS 6870 Graphics card. Mountain Lion install goes till about 13 min left then a blank white screen appears. Seems frozen but I wait. Automatically restarts itself, then when i click on the "New" install when booting from the USB, it goes to the apple start screen with a rotating "Working" symbol, then freezes. Ive been through this process about 15 times. Tried every boot flag I could, removed every piece of hardware I could short of the basics and to no avail.

CAN ANYONE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME????

What other hardware are you running? If you removed your graphics card, what did you use to drive your display? I have a 6870 and am on Mountain Lion. You can do this!

Ok here it goes... GA-Z68AP-D3 Rev 2.0 Bios, onboard Intel Graphics for now... its hanging on start up.... How did you do it? Im thinking about just repartioning the entire system and start from scratch.

My motherboard is a bit older, but I followed the guide in this thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...mountain-lion-6xxx-gpu-issues-fix-inside.html

I made the USB with unibeast and moved ATI6000Controller.kext from the USB to my desktop

I booted the key and installed the OS. I then booted the key into Chimera and targeted my hard drive with "GraphicsEnabler=NO -v"

I got into the OS, ran kextbeast and rebooted. Everything worked.

Are you getting kernel panics on boot? If so, what do they say?

Have you tried booting to the install drive via USB? I suspect that the restart you're seeing after the white screen is the completion of the install. You just need to boot into the newly installed drive via the USB.

Have you tried booting to the install drive via USB? I suspect that the restart you're seeing after the white screen is the completion of the install. You just need to boot into the newly installed drive via the USB.

PS - The reason I mention the USB is that you need the latest version of Chimera. If you don't have that you'll get hung up at the boot screen (for me the spinner just kept going round and round).

Good News...

Im installed now... but I cant seem to get my 6870 to work.... ideas? Everything else is fine, im using onboard graphics now...

I am having the same issue. Can boot fine with GraphicsEnabler=No but otherwise it won't boot off of SSD

I also have a 6870

How do i find what DSDT file i need? I have a GA-Z68AP-D3 Rev 2.0 but im not sure which of the next 4 choices to pick????? I tried "FC" and after the install and restart i got KP....???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back