Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello for all.

I have been trying to install macOS High Sierra for days using mobo Gigabyte GA-Z270M-D3H without success. I found on the internet an EFI file that works, but I can not install the operating system on my external USB 3.0 hard drive (does not appear on Disk Utility):

https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh..._on_z270_not_working/?st=j8r90t6g&sh=8b993326

File on this link : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7_SBvXY6mPQWG5xdHhrTnBieHc/view?usp=sharing

I currently use the macOS Sierra installed on my external USB 3.0 HD perfectly with "Gigabyte GA-Z270M-D3H Hackintosh Build Guide" found on the internet. Can anyone help me to install the macOS High Sierra on my external USB 3.0 hard drive?

Regards.

Last edited:
Have you tried Tonymacc86's guide here

My thinking is as long as the Install macOS High Sierra app and the Clover app allows you to change you target drive to your External USB drive, then TM86's method should work for you ?

My thinking is as long as the Install macOS High Sierra app and the Clover app allows you to change you target drive to your External USB drive, then TM86's method should work for you ?

It did not work for me. However, I'm newbie ... I just need to know what I should do to make my external USB HD appear in the Disk Utility of the High Sierra installer ...

Please update your profile page to show your motherboard, CPU and GPU to the rest of us.

I'm confused.. You already have macOS Sierra running perfectly fine from External USB3 on your machine, yet Disk Utility does not display it?

- Can you see the external drive in the Terminal when running the command diskutil list

- What happens if you plug your External USB3 drive into a USB2 port ?

You can enable Disk Utilities Debug mode which will give you more options than what you can normally access, here's the link for how to do that

Please update your profile page to show your motherboard, CPU and GPU to the rest of us.

Done!

I'm confused.. You already have macOS Sierra running perfectly fine from External USB3 on your machine, yet Disk Utility does not display it?

On installed Sierra, Disk Utility display all information, but, on High Sierra installer, not ...

Screenshots and EFI files:

Attachments

• HD Info.png
    HD Info.png
    499.4 KB · Views: 643
  • EFI GA-Z270M-D3H - macOS Sierra.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 158
  • EFI GA-Z270M-D3H - macOS High Sierra.zip
    5.6 MB · Views: 210
Last edited:
Someone???? GA-Z270M-D3H users, please .... :banghead:

Update: my external samsung USB 2.0 show on Disk Utility, but my Seagate USB 3.0 not ... Maybe the problem is USB 3.0 ... :think:

- What happens if you plug your External USB3 drive into a USB2 port ?
It works perfectly !!! (if only connected to a USB 2.0 port). If it is connected to a USB 3.0 port DOES NOT WORK ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back