Contribute
Register

Complete and total noob needs some direction...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD7 TH LGA 1150 Z97 Dual Thunderbolt 2 ATX Motherboard REV 1.0
CPU
Intel Core i7-4770K Quad-Core Desktop Processor (3.5 GHz, 8 MB Cache, Intel HD graphics, BX80646I747
Graphics
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 Overclocked GDDR5 PCIe Video Graphics Card, 4GB
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Alright. Here's the setup... (FollowingAntec's High-Performance Hackintosh computer)

Cabinet - Antec P280 Window Cases P280 Window
SSD - ADATA XPG SX900 512GB SATA III 6 GB/sec SandForce 2.5 Inch Synchronous NAND SSD ASX900S3-512GM-C

RAM - Patriot Viper 3 Series DDR3 32GB 21333MHz (PC3 17000) Quad Kit PV332G213C1QK
Water Cooling fans - Antec H20 1250 Cooling Kit KUHLER 1250 Black
Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD7 TH LGA 1150 Z97 Dual Thunderbolt 2 ATX Motherboard REV 1.0 (ver F4)
Video - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 Overclocked GDDR5 PCIe Video Graphics Card, 4GB
Power Supply - Antec HCP-850 Platinum 850W High Current Pro ATX12V EPS12V Active PFC 80PLUD PLATINUM
Processor - Intel Core i7-4770K Quad-Core Desktop Processor (3.5 GHz, 8 MB Cache, Intel HD graphics, BX80646I74770K)

1st problem.
The computer will reboot several times before I can even get the BIOS to load. ( I *think* this may have something to do with the primary and backup CMOS)
When I am able to get it to boot from my flash drive (Clover) the install seems to stop about a quarter of the way through.
Using Multibeast and unibeast yielded the same results.

Questions...
1. Am I right about the BIOS with the primary and backup CMOS? If not, then what?
(I have disconnected EVERYTHING from the motherboard, even the fans and switches.
2. Getting through to the boot process, in either Multi/Uni beast or Clover, What settings should I be using?

I've meen on this for two days and I'm no closer to even getting to the Yosemite install.

1st problem.
The computer will reboot several times before I can even get the BIOS to load. ( I *think* this may have something to do with the primary and backup CMOS)
When I am able to get it to boot from my flash drive (Clover) the install seems to stop about a quarter of the way through.
Using Multibeast and unibeast yielded the same results.

As you are new person, avoid clover as it is more complex than UniBeast method.

What are the issues arriving before showing up BIOS probably issue with hardware or BIOS firmware.

Which is the current running firmware??

Questions...
1. Am I right about the BIOS with the primary and backup CMOS? If not, then what?

What you mean by primary and backup??

(I have disconnected EVERYTHING from the motherboard, even the fans and switches.
2. Getting through to the boot process, in either Multi/Uni beast or Clover, What settings should I be using?

What is the issue with UniBeast booting?? Use photos for explanation of the issue.

Seems like you've messed with the setting of your Board's BIOS settings that much its hard to tell where you're at. First thing you need to do is to reset the Board to its factory settings (see the manual for possible guidance). I don't think you mean CMOS, if I am not wrong, these boards has two BIOS settings 1 & 2 - 1 being normal operational settings and 2 being the back up.

Once you get the board back to its optimized settings - ask for help from someone with the same board what settings is needed in the BIOS to install and run os x instead of just flipping switches and plugging fans out. Good luck

One thing you may want to try is flashing your BIOS - go to your motherboards manufacturer, and get any updated drivers for your motherboard. And make sure it is on factory settings. Otherwise it will mess with the Mac OS that you put in place. :idea:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back