Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hola everybody,

sorry if my english is not very precise ( im french :lol:) .

I ve bought an asus X200 CA in december and im thinking of making an hackintosh.
I did some research and found tonymacx86, i began the tutorial to install Mavericks .
Before installing mavericks i'd like to have your opinion on the compatibilité of my device , here it is:

motherboard : ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. X200CA

> Chipset : Intel Ivy Bridge

> Processor : Intel Pentium 2117U @ 1800 MHz

4096 Mo DDR

graphic card : Intel(R) HD Graphics

hdd: HGST HTS545050A7E680 (500Go)

screen : AUO - 12 pouces

+ Atheros Communications AR9485 Wireless Network Adapter

+Attansic (Now owned by Atheros) QCA8172 Fast Ethernet

thank you !

The Pentium CPU does not have supported graphics.

I think it is a pretty cheap CPU, do you think i can just upgrade CPU to intel core i3 or i5 and so graphic card and that would work ?

I think it is a pretty cheap CPU, do you think i can just upgrade CPU to intel core i3 or i5 and so graphic card and that would work ?

CPU upgrade possibilities depend on the chipset used in the laptop.

You should refer to your service manual when contemplating hardware upgrades.

CPU is not upgradable because it is BGA(not socketed)

BGA CPUs can be replaced... but it is not easy.
For all intents and purposes a hackintosher or end user won’t be replacing their bga cpu unless they have a very expensive microsoldering setup lol. I’ve done the 4 pin bios to remove iCloud/fix install clover on real Mac though. Heard of people replacing SMCs(real Mac) and other smaller chips but not the cpu

For all intents and purposes a hackintosher or end user won’t be replacing their bga cpu unless they have a very expensive microsoldering setup lol.

You can find techniques via google.
Still, I wouldn't recommend it... it is easier and probably more economical to get a different laptop (sell incompatible laptop, purchase compatible laptop).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back