Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Does anyone know if I would be able to build a dual cpu workstation with the GIGABYTE MD70-HB1 E-ATX / SSI EEB Server Motherboard.

Has anyone used it before? Would there be any complications getting Yosemite on this?

This will be my first (and hopefully only for the foreseeable future) hackintosh, so I want to make sure I build it right.

Thanks!

Did you ever end up using this board? If so, how did it turn out?

Hi, it's late to answer but may help someone ;)

I am building a new dual-xeon machine (witch will be used under linux for professional usage) with this mobo.
I've put my build it in a previous GA-X79-UP4 - 3930K case who had ended his life becoming a hackintosh test machine.

On the first power-up I've let the previous SSD plugged, and I had the surprise to see the system boot without any problem, but with no LAN, no USB3, no Audio (of course).

So I've decided to play a couple of hours before sending it to it's future linux life ;-) searching for info, I've found this thread.

1) I pluged-in a pci usb 3, working with Sierra.
2) I plugged in the new USB3 bus a USB/LAN.
3) Updated Clover to 4128 (any further release causes hang on boot), and cleaned pretty much everything in the config.
4) Updated Sierra to 10.12.6

result :
Capture d’écran 2017-09-17 à 19.26.12.png
56 cores running like a charm :)

I'm not far from the total hackintosh newbie status, so:
- I'm not able to get the intel 350 lan chipset running, or inboard usb3
- I don't know why any newer clover update breaks the boot,
Without any help, I don't think I could go further.

I'ts a pity because besides linux machines we use real Macs, and even spending a lot of money we are far from this power range !
(BTW: i hate my MBP2016 with full options, with it's ridiculous touch toy, and hour and half of battery time when using the cpu)

I'll keep the OS X config and boot disk just in case, but will now send this machine to work !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back