Radeon HD 5770 BatMobile
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys,

So I've built a few hackintosh's over the past year or so but this time I had a constraint with the build which was that it should support Pro Tools HD3 PCI cards.
So my search was limited to only a few mobo's, Jetway being a popular option I wanted to go with it but it was'nt available anywhere within my reach so I decided on another mobo.

I have already bought these components and plan to start the build on wednesday.

Intel Core i7 3770K Ivy
Gigabyte P75D3 - B75 chipset based Mobo
16Gig Corsair 1600MHz ram
120GB OCZ SSD
GT520 Graphics

Along with these components, I need to install 3 Pro Tools PCI cards but the catch was that pro tools only accepts non-bridged PCI ports so the B75 chipset seemed a good choice with 4 PCI slots.

Has anybody experimented with these components? specifically the mobo and graphics card?

Guys i really need help as I've spent 1 whole day trying to figure out how to get Snow Leopard up and running on my system. I need SL on this system. I had a Snow Leopard install disk that came with my 17" MBP but after trying a combination of boot flags and boot cd's, I can get the installer to come up on the screen but later it says MacOSX cant install on this system. What do I do to bypass this?

Please help guys as I've already got the hardware but just need to install the system!!

You can't use bundled OS X discs, they are tied to the specific model of Mac. It has to be a retail disc.

Also: does SL even install om Ivy Bridge hardware at all?

LATEST UPDATE:

I was able to boot into my existing snow leopard install on another hack by changing the kernel to the one from stinga11.

My graphics are'nt working (naturally) with or without graphicsenabler y/n
My keyboard/mouse aint working (USB). I'll try connecting drives to see if its the USB or the key/mouse

Thats all right now.. oh yeah and it detected my Serial port on the motherboard as it shows the new hardware found at startup..

I've been trying since 2 in the afternoon to now 2:30am and reached so far... I really wanna do this as lion is'nt an option for me as I need to run pro tools and I have a licensed 7HD version and the upgrade to 9HD is like $1000 so cant do! and I need SL to accomplish this.

Any help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back