Not open for further replies.
CPU
2x Xeon 5450
Graphics
GT 210
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi Guys

Have done some reading around and have seen conflicting info on this MOBO.

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/soc ... p5k-vm.pdf

I have had a chance to get this desktop for pennies and would use it solely to run for OSX. I want to use it for a DAW (Audio), so it would need to be quite stable, however audio drivers don't need to work as I have external interfaces etc. It just needs to be rock solid.

My intention would be to put either SL or Lion on it, depending on what past experiences are with this machine. I already have a copy of SL, which makes that option FREE, which is always nice.

It's an older machine:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4 Ghz
Ram: 8 GB DDR2
MOBO: ASUS P5K-VM
Video: NVidia GeForce 9600 GT Video Card
HD: SATA 500GB
Optical: DVD Dual Layer (not sure what exact model is in it)

Thanks!

I have no idea about your video card, try it and see or search the forum for it. But I used that p5k-vm mobo once for Snow Leopard and it works good.

pdxxjjeep said:
I have no idea about your video card, try it and see or search the forum for it. But I used that p5k-vm mobo once for Snow Leopard and it works good.

Thanks!

I did search the Video Card, and people have had some trouple, but some resolved with a kext, but I can't tell for sure if everybody was able to, or if only a few could.

Am hoping somebody can chime in with this card, or somebody that used to have this card.

on wiki they have the card working some oob so i would say yes

OOB= Out of the box . also = plug and play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back