Gigabyte GA-H55M-D2H Motherboard
Sparkle GeForce GT220 1GB
Intel Core i5-760 Quad Core Processor
Corsair 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1600MHz PC3-12800 240pin DIMM Memory Module Kit
1TB Samsung SpinPoint F3 HD103SJ Hard Disk Drive
LG GH22NS50 22x DVDRW
Cooler Master Elite 430 Tower Case
650W Corsair TX650W Power Supply

Can anyone see any problem with this? Will it "just work" with Multibeast? The video card is my main concern I think... would a Radeon HD 5770 1GB be better? The only taxing video I want to do is HD playback/editing, I'm not building a games rig.

I do want dual monitor support though, which I think both cards have?

I'd probably want to put Wifi in... would it be better to get a PCI card, or a USB dongle?

I've done a bit of hackintoshing before (Dell Mini 10v netbook, and in virtualization software :)) but not tried to go down the custom build route before...

Many thanks!

Ah yeah, thanks. I got mixed up between GH22NS50 and the LS50. Nearly the same name, different compatibility.

Was leaning toward the Radeon card anyway. The Sapphire ones are meant to be quite good aren't they?

I'm a little hazy about the role of DSDT files? Will a configuration like mine, somewhat close to a real Mac, work with vanilla kernel and kexts. i.e. will an EasyBeast install work with functioning audio etc.?

Sorry if that's a dumb question, I've never quite figured out this part of things!

luckily you are using a gigabyte board and your DSDT is available for download here...
dsdt.php

What is the role of DSDT? and having the correct DSDT for your board makes life EASIER in the HACKINTOSH world.
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/DSDT

So it's necessary to grab the appropriate DSDT and do a 'UserDSDT' install?

How does that differ from an 'EasyBeast' install - since "Audio, Graphics and Network will have to be enabled separately" in both cases?

Well... went for the XFX Radeon 5770 in the end...

and a different motherboard - GA-P55-USB3.

Should be coming next week. Wish me luck :shifty:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back