Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H
CPU
i5-4670K
Graphics
GTX 760
Dear all, just check my hdd (SSD) in my Hackintosh but the disk utility tells me that my hdd should be verified/repair through a reboot and the use the Recovery HD mode (command-R) and then verify disk. The question is how can I enter in recovery mode as I use Chimera menu to boot my Hackintosh (selection of Mavericks or Windows 8.1)? Thanks for your help.

Dear all, just check my hdd (SSD) in my Hackintosh but the disk utility tells me that my hdd should be verified/repair through a reboot and the use the Recovery HD mode (command-R) and then verify disk. The question is how can I enter in recovery mode as I use Chimera menu to boot my Hackintosh (selection of Mavericks or Windows 8.1)? Thanks for your help.

Boot into the OS X installer using your Unibeast USB. Then enter Disk Utility from the Utilities menu.

Boot into the OS X installer using your Unibeast USB. Then enter Disk Utility from the Utilities menu.

Thanks a lot RehabMan, it works perfectly. It means that I should keep the Unibeats USB in case of... Rgds

Thanks a lot RehabMan, it works perfectly. It means that I should keep the Unibeats USB in case of... Rgds

Yes. Unibeast is a handy recovery tool.

Does this work? I need to run a patch (but first I have to disable SIP) and recovery mode from the clover boot just hangs at the logo. Will booting from the install USB drive work for my current SSD UEFI boot?

Using 10.11.6 btw

Edit: Just tried it and it didn't work

Last edited:
Does this work? I need to run a patch (but first I have to disable SIP) and recovery mode from the clover boot just hangs at the logo. Will booting from the install USB drive work for my current SSD UEFI boot?

Using 10.11.6 btw

Edit: Just tried it and it didn't work

GustoGuud, I am in the same boat as you. Trying to disable SIP by booting into Clover Recovery partition, and it begins to load, Apple logo and progress bar, after 5 minutes it comes to a white screen and just hangs. After 5 more minutes my display goes to sleep since OS X recovery goes to sleep. If I click the mouse button, OS X recovery wakes up and returns to blank white screen. Tried moving HDMI output from the 280X to the mobo to see if that would make a difference, but no display signal at all from the mobo's HDMI.

What good is a recovery partition if it doesn't do anything? I wish I could offer some advice, but I am still trying to figure this out. Hoping some experts could chime in.

My setup: CustoMac Pro
OS X 10.11.6
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 TH
I7 6700K
Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB
Ballistix Sport LT 64GB
Sapphire Radeon R9 280X

If I power cycle and restart normally into OS X, no problems. I still need to disable SIP so I can fix the 70012 errors with DVD Player app, which is what caused me to try to boot to recovery mode in the first place.

Thanks BreBo, I'll go give that thread a good read through. I have to admit that after being a general user of OS X on genuine Apple hardware for 10 years now, I am having a hard time wrapping my brain around all this under-the-hood stuff to get my Hackintosh to work in a stable manner.

Warning, rant ahead.

So much time, money and energy into trying to get this hackintosh to "just work", I am beyond wondering if I made the right choice because I know now that this has turned into nothing more than a crapintosh. FCPX stops exporting to DVD after 1 hour of being powered on because "the output device could not be found". Really? Neither the Hard Drive nor the external DVD drive are not recognized by FCPX after an hour of use? I have to restart the hackintosh everytime to get FCPx to recognize any output device. And then again, even trying to restart this hackintosh is a hit-or-miss effort. Either it will hang at shutting down for 10+ minutes until I kill it manually, or it may restart gracefully in NO LESS than 1 minute. At least ONE WHOLE MINUTE to even get to the actual moment of shutdown before the system actually restarts. Really? WTF? So I spent over $1500.00 in parts and time just so my hackintosh could not export a FCPX project after 1 hour of use without having to painfully restart the whole computer? Ok. Yeah, I'm done. Time to go over to Windows and actually get some use out of my hardware. Honestly, I was BLOWN AWAY by the awesome editing/exporting/rendering speed of FCPX on this Hackintosh, coming from a relatively slow 2012 Mac Mini, but what is the point of it all if you can't export anything without the whole experience coming to a frustrating anti-climactic ending?

lolx... all i can say

WITH GREAT POWER COMES GREAT RESPONSIBILITY...

I know this is an old thread... But I'm trying to boot into recovery and of course, no recovery with Clover. I have my USB, how do I enter Recovery mode with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back