Graphics
RX 6800XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello Hivemind!

I know using a Corsair Commander Pro can cause some issues like being reported as an UPS, which thanks to some other great threads has been able to be resolved pretty easily. Having said that, has anyone ever got their fans speeds or curves to work using a Commander Pro while in Catalina 10.15.4? Is the only option to just plug in your fan headers directly into the motherboard and just use the Commander Pro for lighting?

Currently, I'd say mine spin at a relatively quiet profile while using MacOS and running through the commander pro, but unfortunately they won't be crank up when the CPU is put under load, which naturally is not great because it leads to a smokin' hot CPU and a lot of throttling. Obviously, until I get this resolved I'm using the motherboard headers, but if anyone has any ideas to get the Commander Pro to work, I'd love to hear them! Thanks!

I am plugging into the board and letting the bios management based on my settings, my system is dead quite and under load the fans do spin up but they are quite Noctua 120s

I am plugging into the board and letting the bios management based on my settings, my system is dead quite and under load the fans do spin up but they are quite Noctua 120s
Thanks for the response! Yeah, I mean even plugged into the board it's fairly quiet and it does ramp up under load just fine. Having said that, I do love the iCue software and using the commander pro in Windows, but it seems like I might just have to keep using the fan headers on the board instead.

yeah, at the end of the day what works and keeps the system stable is important, I don't have the iCue, is that a Windows based system. Mac OS X is my daily driver so I don't have a need for these things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back