1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
COMICA: A PowerMac G4 ATX case mod

COMICA
Quicksilver Mod By CS15

Im not going to go into detail on this mod. This is just a little presentation on how this thing has become what it is. Welcome to the presentation of COMICA. COMICA is a case mod of the PowerMac G4 Quicksilver. This particular Quicksilver is from early 2001. Mine had a lot of features for its time, with a PowerPC G4 at 800Mhz, and 1.5 GB's of SD RAM.

I got mine off of work, it was just lying there. So, I was able to take it when everything was being cleared out. I was just going to put it on my shelf, as a little display piece, but then I looked at what other people were doing with theirs, making a hackintosh out of them, at bringing them back to life. So, I was inspired to make my own out of this left behind machine. I do hate how Apple had to leave all the Power PC computers and Applications to rot. which is why i'm stuck on 10.6.8, for my design program, FreeHand MX.

So, I gutted the computer, installed new parts, and made the case look fancy. There is really no theme of this computer, its just a collage. Basically the internet on one machine.

So, here is what it looks like:

P1010625.jpg
This is COMICA. It now runs OS X 10.9, an Intel Core i5, An Intel™ Motherboard,

With 16GB's of RAM.

The artwork on this machine is a collage of pretty much everything funky.
Here are all 3 artwork pieces on all 3 sides.

P1010608.JPG

P1010611.JPGP1010615.JPG

Some things to point out on there is the MKBHD logo, who was also an inspiration to turn it into a hackintosh, as he did his Hackintosh Pro Project.
Theres also some other iconic things, like SWAG.MOV, Tumblr, google, Rhett and link, and Kuledud3!!
P1010626.JPGP1010627.JPG
But, thats not all it has in its style.
There's also its night mode. It basically turns any room into a rave club at night.
Have a look:
P1010616.JPGP1010617.JPGP1010618.JPGP1010619.JPGP1010620.JPGP1010621.JPGP1010622.JPG
This all took about 2 weeks.
Please let me know what you think of my work, and tell me if you want to have a more detailed post about the COMICA.

Extra Gallery:
P1010607.JPGP1010624.JPGP1010605.JPG
Let me know what you think!

Kind Regards,
FEZCLONE (CS15)

Nice work especially the blue lighting:p
What is the hole at the front under the power button? Is it a speaker or something?
And it only took 2 weeks! That's pretty fast:thumbup:

Thank you for the feed back! The big hole below is indeed a speaker, and fully functions with the new motherboard!
There is also a reset button directly under the power button, but I'm sure you know about that.

Regards,

FezClone

No problem, thanks for putting up all these pictures:p Pretty cool mod, actually I'm suprised no one else has commented yet!
What lights did you use for the ''night mode'' feature? Are they blue 12v leds?
Also how are they controlled? Just a switch or what?
Thanks!

The LEDS are some NZXT BlueLED I ordered (also ordering one of their cases for a new hackintosh!) not sure how many volts. They are controlled by switch that comes with them, that easily mounts into the case. Since there are 2 sides to light up, I have 2 sets of them!
20140615_210645.jpg

Regards,

FezClone (CS15)

Yosemite

Sidenote, I was able to get Snow leopard, lion, mountain lion, and mavericks on the computer, all running decently.

~FezClone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back