CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
RX590 /2080Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I took the plunge and installed the combo update. At first sight everything seemed ok. graphic edits were ok with full acceleration.

Now I have one severe new flaw: Most of the time my system wont simply shutdown anymore. It powers down and remains on with the fans running. With 10.7.2 it worked without a hitch. Also wake from sleep seems to be affected in a way.

The only things which came up to my mind is:

-I have a VIA Sata card plugged in for Windows use and there is no support for it in OSX
-I have not reapplied the CMOS Error fix after the update
-The new graphics introduces minor hickups with my GTX570

How can I narrow down the real problem? -v mode ? Logs ?

Plz help me, this drives me nuts.

Update:
After initial startup, when I shut down the system it shuts the power. When I start working with the system, turning on 2nd Monitor and shutting it down will prevent shutting the power off somehow. I cannot figure out this irregular scheme.

AppleRTC is patched now. So its not the culprit.

Next try: Working with one display only without turning on the 2nd.

Have to dig further. Meanwhile I am thankful for any pointers where to look (logs etc.) at to narrow down my problem.

I am having a monologue here. Good to see so many helping hands around...whew...

Update:
Digging further into my system I reflashed and updated my BIOS to F5 with the according DSDT from the database.

Now the operation returned back to normal ! Shutdown, Sleep and Wakeup work solid. 10.7.3 feels now a tad smoother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back