Contribute
Register

Combined U310/U410 Mavericks Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you RehabMan for contributing so much time and content! And cwk9852 for putting together this awesome tutorial. You made my first true hackintosh a success! I've been using Macs since the deadmoo image reconverted me to Apple back in 2005. i was recently gifted this Lenovo IdeaPad U310 Touch and had no idea what use I'd have for it until now.

It it makes a half decent HackBook Air thanks to your contributions and all the many questions and answers here.

Now that I'm a pro at editing my DSDT file and installing kexts, I'm looking forward to trying my hand at creating a working FusionDrive.

thanks again,

Dave
a lurking spoon feeder

Thank you RehabMan for contributing so much time and content! And cwk9852 for putting together this awesome tutorial. You made my first true hackintosh a success! I've been using Macs since the deadmoo image reconverted me to Apple back in 2005. i was recently gifted this Lenovo IdeaPad U310 Touch and had no idea what use I'd have for it until now.

It it makes a half decent HackBook Air thanks to your contributions and all the many questions and answers here.

Now that I'm a pro at editing my DSDT file and installing kexts, I'm looking forward to trying my hand at creating a working FusionDrive.

thanks again,

Dave
a lurking spoon feeder

Congrats on your success. Nice work reading, learning...

I have a Lenovo U410 with the i5-3317U processor (so same as MBA5,1). I'm trying to follow along with this guide, but I'm getting a little tripped up.

1. In order to even get to the installer, I had to remove all the graphics kexts (IntelHD*, IntelFrame*, IntelSB*, NVDA*) from /System/Library/Extensions. Is this ok? I'll have to replace them at some point, right? {And yes, I have UMA only in my BIOS}
2. Once installed, I have to boot -x to get to the desktop. And then I have no mouse. Am I right in thinking that I first have to run Multibeast? Before installing any of the other kexts? Any tips for navigating around Multibeast with keyboard only would be appreciated. I can't seem to get to any of the buttons on top ("Quick Start", etc).

I'm using the latest Unibeast and Multibeast from this site -- would an earlier version work better? I noticed the first post here is from before the latest version of Unibeast.

This is my second attempt at installing OS X. I tried ML before, which seemed much smoother (was able to at least get past the installer and had some mouse on my first attempt without doing anything), but I got busy and never finished. So, I thought I would give it another go with Maverick - since it's free!

I have a Lenovo U410 with the i5-3317U processor (so same as MBA5,1). I'm trying to follow along with this guide, but I'm getting a little tripped up.

1. In order to even get to the installer, I had to remove all the graphics kexts (IntelHD*, IntelFrame*, IntelSB*, NVDA*) from /System/Library/Extensions. Is this ok? I'll have to replace them at some point, right? {And yes, I have UMA only in my BIOS}

No. You will need those drivers eventually. Better to boot with:
IGPEnabler=N GraphicsEnabler=N -x -v -f UseKernelCache=N dart=0
(it is overkill, but covers most of the possibilities)

2. Once installed, I have to boot -x to get to the desktop. And then I have no mouse. Am I right in thinking that I first have to run Multibeast? Before installing any of the other kexts? Any tips for navigating around Multibeast with keyboard only would be appreciated. I can't seem to get to any of the buttons on top ("Quick Start", etc).

"No mouse" or "no trackpad"? With safe mode, it would be expected the PS2 (trackpad) drivers will not load, but provided USB is working, your mouse should work just fine.

No. You will need those drivers eventually. Better to boot with:
IGPEnabler=N GraphicsEnabler=N -x -v -f UseKernelCache=N dart=0
(it is overkill, but covers most of the possibilities)

That did work. I'd searched through this forum for a solution, and found a thread with people suggesting removing the kexts -- should have searched harder.

And I realized that I had the mouse plugged into the wrong USB port.

Thanks so much for your help, RehabMan.

hello to all! I have a Z77-based PC to DS3H and it was really easy to make it work. Now, however, I bought a lenovo u310 i5 3317U because I saw this perfect guide. I'm collecting the material and information but I did not understand:

what kext you used to ACPIBacklight.kext? Rehabman? Which DSDT patch?

sorry for my english but google translate for me

hello to all! I have a Z77-based PC to DS3H and it was really easy to make it work. Now, however, I bought a lenovo u310 i5 3317U because I saw this perfect guide. I'm collecting the material and information but I did not understand:

what kext you used to ACPIBacklight.kext? Rehabman? Which DSDT patch?

sorry for my english but google translate for me

When the guide was written it was not using my version, as my version didn't exist (I only recently created it). But you should be able to use my version of ACPIBacklight.kext.

For the U310, you should use the standard brightness patch "Brightness Fix" from here: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch

The other ones do not work on this laptop as its brightness controls are not on the IGPU but rather in the EC.

Hi, I recently got a u410 and wanted to give a this guide a try. I succesfully installed, booted the system using -v PCIRootUID=1, installed unibeast as first post says and fixed boot0 error. At this moment Im able to boot using the same flag as before and Im looking on installing the dsdt patches.

Im having issues with some patches that I cant apply cause it says there are 0 changes (graphics_HD4k_low.txt), and others when I click compile I get errors for objetcs that dont exist (battery_Lenovo-Ux10-Z580.txt).

Can you guys please give me some help? Thanks in advance.

I also kept installing some more kexts and now Im getting this in verbose mode acpibatterymanager error overall read timeout

Hi, I recently got a u410 and wanted to give a this guide a try. I succesfully installed, booted the system using -v PCIRootUID=1, installed unibeast as first post says and fixed boot0 error. At this moment Im able to boot using the same flag as before and Im looking on installing the dsdt patches.

Im having issues with some patches that I cant apply cause it says there are 0 changes (graphics_HD4k_low.txt), and others when I click compile I get errors for objetcs that dont exist (battery_Lenovo-Ux10-Z580.txt).

Can you guys please give me some help? Thanks in advance.

I also kept installing some more kexts and now Im getting this in verbose mode acpibatterymanager error overall read timeout

Without the DSDT, no one can help. Compress and post your unmodified native DSDT.

Without the DSDT, no one can help. Compress and post your unmodified native DSDT.
Thank you so much for answering. Here is my DSDT. I was able to boot back using -x uninstalled ACPIBatteryManager.kext and now I can keep booting normally.

Also, do you know about my wifi card model Qualcomm Atheros AR9485, Ive read about supported and unsupported models but I didnt find this one.

Attachments

• dsdt.zip
    17.7 KB · Views: 72
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back