Contribute
Register

Cog - Play .flac and .shn Files in OS X

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about a player that can play high resolution 5.1 FLACs through a receiver via HDMI?

VLC outputs movies in DTS and Dolby Digital just fine, but I can't find a player that transmits 5.1 for FLAC.

I've been looking for an iTunes replacement, but oddly enough all alternative music applications I've tried are downright hideous and/or they don't work well. Anyone have a suggestion that can truly replace iTunes?

I've been looking for an iTunes replacement, but oddly enough all alternative music applications I've tried are downright hideous and/or they don't work well. Anyone have a suggestion that can truly replace iTunes?

I really like the look of Swinsian.

Screen Shot 2015-02-16 at 1.19.58 PM.png

Hi, I have a Mac OS X Yosemite. I downloaded VLC 2.2.1 and the audio is choppy to the point that I won't play it anymore. This is for FLAC files and everything else I use for audio. Not for video, wh. seems to work fine.

I uninstalled/reinstalled VLC 2.2.1 and the problem went away for 5 minutes. Is there a FLAC player that can deliver the same 'punch' as VLC? I'm not going into my terminal function or anything else that could possibly harm my software.

Any suggestions?

I know a way to play SHN and FLAC on OS X with Faasoft SHN Converter.

It is not only a converter but also a free player.

It also supports converting SHN and FLAC files to many other more popular audio formats like MP3, WAV, M4A, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back