Contribute
Register

cnrtechhead's "PowerHac G5"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking really good, I did similar and learnt the same, lost a 128GB SSD, two 2 TB drives, 2 1TB drive and a 750GB drive (big f*ck up), Also managed to lose the motherboard and the PSU.

No idea where I went wrong though, never could trace it but there we go.

Learnt the same two things as you. Now use a drobo for back ups, although that seems to have stopped connecting now.....

Anyway nice work. :thumbup:

tom.humphrey said:
Looking really good, I did similar and learnt the same, lost a 128GB SSD, two 2 TB drives, 2 1TB drive and a 750GB drive (big f*ck up), Also managed to lose the motherboard and the PSU.

No idea where I went wrong though, never could trace it but there we go.

Learnt the same two things as you. Now use a drobo for back ups, although that seems to have stopped connecting now.....

Anyway nice work. :thumbup:

Thanks for the compliments! You lost way more drives than I did, that had to suck. How much data did you lose? I only lost a few things from the 20 days since I moved my home folder off my server and onto the 1TB drive in the machine. My laziness in not deleting the server folder saved me here, big time.

I was afraid that I'd lost a videocard too. When I first booted up, the system was only seeing one 9600GT. Even after reseating the card and swapping power cables with the other 9600GT I still couldn't see it. Ended up swapping the cards around and it worked. Definitely a sigh of relief there.

I prefer individual drives for my backups. The drobo is a nice concept, but I like to know exactly what's on my drives, and I like to move them around between computer and enclosures every now and again.

I said earlier that I'd post a pic of the back, so I am here to deliver.

6984456352_9548d03ee6_b_d.jpg

Description, as copied from Flickr:
Here we have a crappy, iPhone-flash-lit photo of the back of my PowerHac, with all cables plugged back in.
You can see the blue 120mm Prolimatech fan behind the fan grille and my plexiglass mounting plate.
Everything is secured with some 10/32 bolts from Lowes. They go through the grille, then the plexi, and then that part is held to the case with hex nuts. The fan attaches with another 8 hex nuts.
I am considering running this fan at 9v with the adapter Prolimatech included. It's the noisiest fan in my case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back