Graphics
GTX 660ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So, here is the deal with my build on the laptop in my sig. I am currently typing from the same hard drive I originally installed 10.8 on IN the laptop but from my other hackbuild. So this proves the original install went well using the unibeast 1.5 method.

I have tried several boot loader versions (all chimera) to see if that was the issue over the install usb. But it hasn't helped my inability to boot.

But, every time I reboot with the unibeast usb stick, my P35-DS3L computer that I am running it from has checksum errors in the BIOS and I have to load the last known good configuration.

This tells me that my hunch was correct in another thread that the CMOS is not just getting reset, it is getting corrupted by something to do with the unibeast/ML usb stick.

I am going to try using multibeast to mess around with CMOS reset and RTC fixes. But I am pretty sure I am going to have to download my laptop's BIOS and reinstall it prior to getting it booting again. Desktop boards have a more robust feature set than laptops and had I not tried this on this computer, I would have never known.

Solved my bios error by loading into windows and creating my own custom DSDT and installing the DSDT via multibeast on my Unibeast stick.

The bizarre thing about it is that the CMOS reset was not allowing me to boot Darwin Kernel at all. So after this, I am able to get Darwin Kernel to boot. Having other issues, but at least I am one step further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back