Contribute
Register

CMOS Checksum Error after Wakeup (SOLVED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-X58A-UD7 rev.1
CPU
i7-930
Graphics
HD 6870
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Using RTL81xx v.0.0.9 Lnx2Mac I am experiencing CMOS Checksum Error during
the first reboot after a successful sleep and wakeup cycle in Lion 10.7.2 with
GA-X58A-UD7 F7 ,i7 930, GTX 285 and DSDT.aml from tonymac. Using the Realtek 2.0.6 original kext the system cannot wakeup after enter in sleep mode.
The rig is dual boot (two HD) in Snow Leopard 10.6.8 sleep, wakeup and reboots work
fine with RTL81xx v.0.9 Lnx2Mac OR with the Realtek 2.0.6 original kext.
Any way to fix this?

Re: CMOS Checksum Error after Wakeup w/ RTL81xx Lnx2Mac

apply this in terminal

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x44\x89\xf8|\xeb\x30\x44\x89\xf8|; s|\x75\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|\xeb\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

samisnake said:
apply this in terminal

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x44\x89\xf8|\xeb\x30\x44\x89\xf8|; s|\x75\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|\xeb\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

Hi, Samisnake.
I like to understand what I am doing.
Can you give me a little explanation about what the above terminal
command is intended for?
And in case of any crash after the command line, how does revert to the
former status?

yeh sure, have a read of this first post. will explain it better than i can
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... pic=253992

the short of it is, is that the dsdt fix for the rtc doesnt work in lion.
by using that patch, a string gets changed in the kext which fixes the problem.

to revert back to the original, you have 2 options.
one would be to backup the 'original' unedited applertc.kext, say onto your desktop or wherever, and replace the edited one with it if you need to.

another way would be to rerun your current update, so in your case 10.7.2. thatll replace the edited applertc.kext with the original one.

once a new update comes out, eg 10.7.3, the applertc will again be updated anyway.

samisnake said:
yeh sure, have a read of this first post. will explain it better than i can
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... pic=253992

the short of it is, is that the dsdt fix for the rtc doesnt work in lion.
by using that patch, a string gets changed in the kext which fixes the problem.

to revert back to the original, you have 2 options.
one would be to backup the 'original' unedited applertc.kext, say onto your desktop or wherever, and replace the edited one with it if you need to.

another way would be to rerun your current update, so in your case 10.7.2. thatll replace the edited applertc.kext with the original one.

once a new update comes out, eg 10.7.3, the applertc will again be updated anyway.

The terminal command woks like a charm.
Now all work fine, and I learned one more step in Hackint0sh art.
Samisnake, thank you very much for assistance

It works great for me too. Finally I don't have to re-setup my BIOS after reboot! I wonder why it takes effect immediately rather than having to reboot first, not that I am complaining. Thank you!!!!

samisnake said:
apply this in terminal

Works like charm, now I can do manual sleep/wake.....

I also notice that sleep in SL is 1-2 seconds while it takes 10 seconds in Lion. Is that normal?

Gigabyte Z68A-D3-B3 with i5 2500K here.

Very much thanks. :thumbup:

Weird thing is that I don't need SleepEnabler to do proper sleep/wakeup.
Is it because I'm using the proper DSDT ?

update1: With the above samisnake's AppleRTC fix I can manually sleep/wakeup... But 'energy saver' sleep, aka automatic sleep does not work. Will keep searching/asking.

update2: I can get auto sleep/energy saver sleep working by running a little app called 'PleaseSleep'.
http://www.dragonone.com/products/macosx/pleasesleep

So I'm guessing there is some thread running in the background that keeps the machine from auto sleeping?

I have installed Realtek 2.0.6 driver for Mac, and VirtualBox, which might have background threads running that might interrupt the sleep....otherwise I can't think of any possible threads that will do.

sleepenabler is only needed for those who arent using a dsdt

samisnake said:
apply this in terminal

I'm having a quite similar issue - after upgrading to Lion I started getting the CMOS Checksum Error on my GA-Z68MX with DSDT from here. Other than that everything was working great (sleep worked and woke).

Will this patch work fine for me, too? I was actually about to RMA the board...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back