Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell XPS 9560
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
UHD 630
Hi,

I have a problem where the config.plist is not loading from the EFI partion on my hard drive. It boots fine from USB Stick. Ive even copied the clover files from the USB Stick to the EFI partiton but no luck.

I only see the windows partition and the generic clover theme if I boot from Hard Drive.

Thanks

Hi,

I have a problem where the config.plist is not loading from the EFI partion on my hard drive. It boots fine from USB Stick. Ive even copied the clover files from the USB Stick to the EFI partiton but no luck.

I only see the windows partition and the generic clover theme if I boot from Hard Drive.

Thanks

Sounds like you forgot HFSPlus.efi. And perhaps the themes directory. Hard to know without details.

Sounds like you forgot HFSPlus.efi. And perhaps the themes directory. Hard to know without details.
The efi partition on my hard drive is a exact copy of the efi partition on my usb stick.

I can boot Sierra from usb but only see windows partition / generic clover theme if I boot from hard drive.

The efi partition on my hard drive is a exact copy of the efi partition on my usb stick.

I can boot Sierra from usb but only see windows partition / generic clover theme if I boot from hard drive.

Assuming what you say is true... they are the same, but you're getting a different result, then one can only assume that you're not booting Clover from the EFI partition, but have instead installed Clover somewhere else (such as to the system volume).

You'll need to figure out why...

Assuming what you say is true... they are the same, but you're getting a different result, then one can only assume that you're not booting Clover from the EFI partition, but have instead installed Clover somewhere else (such as to the system volume).

You'll need to figure out why...

Thanks RehabMan. I fixed the problem.

I had my clover in \EFI\Clover instead of \EFI\EFI\Clover

Thanks RehabMan. I fixed the problem.

I had my clover in \EFI\Clover instead of \EFI\EFI\Clover

Yup... those two locations are definitely not "the same"...

This is why you should have used the Clover installer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back