Graphics
GeForce GT 640
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
For the love of god does anyone have a fully functioning rig with this hardware?? :banghead::crazy: If you were able to hack this together could you pretty please provide a good config.plist file (minus the smbios settings of course) and a copy of the /EFI folder from the bootable hard drive? Would be nice to know that what I am using is working on someone else's machine so I can look elsewhere for the root cause. Also if you did get it working did you use the kext injection from single user mode or did you just use the kext-dev mode kernel boot flag to boot them from the /EFI/Clover/Kext/10.10?

Thanks!

Hang in there...I was able to get some things working:
-UEFI Boot with Clover
-Intel HD4000 graphics
-Intel GigE
-USB3.0
-Sleep (so far, so good)

What's not working yet:
-Fast boot: It takes about 20 seconds to boot up. Not bad, but not the 5 seconds others are reporting.
-Sound: Working on it
-ASUS GTX 660 Graphics card: I need to flash it with the UEFI firmware. ASUS has a tool, but it only works with ASUS motherboards :(
NOTE: I believe I can still use the card once I've booted the system, however, it doesn't work during boot.

This is an upgrade from Mavericks, not a clean install.
My hardware is similar to yours:
Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H with an i7-3770K CPU and 16GB of RAM.
ASUS GTX660 (GTX660-DC20-2GD5)
128GB Kingston SSD (Boot drive)
3 TB Seagate HD
4x500GB (2TB) RAID 0 scratch disk

So, right now you're asking yourself "well, what the heck did he do to get it working?"
Good question...I'm glad you asked :)
I'm completely new to Clover as well, and I'm just learning as I go.
I did need to flash my motherboard with the F16g firmware. It sees to work great.
I followed a lot of ultrazone's guide, specifically the BIOS settings. Please note that I found a LOT of different guides, but none of them were a perfect fit.
I had a lot of problems getting things to work at first, however, I believe getting the correct settings for the Clover installer (Clover_v2k_r2999) was key:
-Install for UEFI booting only
-Drivers64UEFI->EmuVariableUefi-64
-Drivers64UEFI->OsxAptioFixDrv-64

I also have "Install RC scripts on target volume" and "Install Clover Preference Pane" selected for my boot drive.

For Clover Configurator, I don't remember everything that I changed, but here is what I have:
Graphics Tab:
-Inject Intel checked (this is definitely needed)
For System Preferences

Hang in there...I was able to get some things working:
-UEFI Boot with Clover
-Intel HD4000 graphics
-Intel GigE
-USB3.0
-Sleep (so far, so good)

What's not working yet:
-Fast boot: It takes about 20 seconds to boot up. Not bad, but not the 5 seconds others are reporting.
-Sound: Working on it
-ASUS GTX 660 Graphics card: I need to flash it with the UEFI firmware. ASUS has a tool, but it only works with ASUS motherboards :(
NOTE: I believe I can still use the card once I've booted the system, however, it doesn't work during boot.

This is an upgrade from Mavericks, not a clean install.
My hardware is similar to yours:
Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H with an i7-3770K CPU and 16GB of RAM.
ASUS GTX660 (GTX660-DC20-2GD5)
128GB Kingston SSD (Boot drive)
3 TB Seagate HD
4x500GB (2TB) RAID 0 scratch disk

So, right now you're asking yourself "well, what the heck did he do to get it working?"
Good question...I'm glad you asked :)
I'm completely new to Clover as well, and I'm just learning as I go.
I did need to flash my motherboard with the F16g firmware. It sees to work great.
I followed a lot of ultrazone's guide, specifically the BIOS settings. Please note that I found a LOT of different guides, but none of them were a perfect fit.
I had a lot of problems getting things to work at first, however, I believe getting the correct settings for the Clover installer (Clover_v2k_r2999) was key:
-Install for UEFI booting only
-Drivers64UEFI->EmuVariableUefi-64
-Drivers64UEFI->OsxAptioFixDrv-64

I also have "Install RC scripts on target volume" and "Install Clover Preference Pane" selected for my boot drive.

I added the following kexts to EFI/Clover/kexts/10.10:
AppleIntelE1000e.kext (I'm not sure this was even necessary...I seem to remember that it worked without it)
FakeSMC.kext (everyone says that this is absolutely required)

For Clover Configurator, I don't remember everything that I changed, but here is what I have:
Graphics Tab:
-Inject Intel checked (this is definitely needed)
System Preferences Tab:
-Inject Kexts=Yes
-Inject System ID=checked

I'll share the entire config.plist once I get everything working.

Again, I want to reiterate...I'm completely new to Clover, and a couple of days ago, I was in the same position you are in.

Good luck.

Okay...making progress.
I was able to flash my Asus Nvidia GTX660 with the hybrid vbios for UEFI booting. It took a lot longer than it should have, but I was able to wade through all of the crap online to figure it out.
In the end, it's a very simple process:
1. Find the ROM file that supports UEFI booting for your graphics card (http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/). Mine happened to be the latest version listed.
2. Use "nvflash <myfile>.rom" to update the vbios. NOTE: I needed to use "nvflash --protectoff" to actually flash, and that option is NOT available in the latest windows version of nvflash. You need the previous version to get it. WTF

I already had the card working (magically), but I needed to update the vbios in order to get the full UEFI boot working.

So, it looks like the only things not really working yet are:
1. iMessage
2. Audio

I'll keep you posted.

For Audio you can use CloverALC located here.. https://github.com/t...audio_CloverALC

1. Download the zip

2. Extract zip

3. Make sure you have the ORIGINAL AppleHDA.kext

4. Mount EFI folder

5. Extract audio_cloverALC-100.command.zip

6. Double click audio_cloverALC-100-v1.0.2.command

7. Enter password in terminal and follow instructions

8. Reboot when done

All sound should work including microphone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back