Contribute
Register

Clover won’t detect Mojave after resizing partitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now they are... (before they were not).
I edited my post but didn't change the attached zip archive (just corrected small typo).

But misc/preboot.log is empty (guess you forgot to press F2).
Please collect the required files as per FAQ. Do not forget to press F2 to create misc/preboot.log).
Pretty sure I pressed it, I'll try it again.

Note that your drivers64UEFI is missing HFSPlus.efi, so you cannot expect Clover to find HFS+J partitions.
I'll download and add it just to make sure but it's APFS if I remember correctly.

Your copy of Clover is also not current.
What do you mean by this?

I'll download and add it just to make sure but it's APFS if I remember correctly.

It's probably a better idea to install clover to somewhere and extract the file from there, but I'm pretty sure my partition is APFS so I won't do it right now.

Now they are... (before they were not).

But misc/preboot.log is empty (guess you forgot to press F2).
Please collect the required files as per FAQ. Do not forget to press F2 to create misc/preboot.log).

Note that your drivers64UEFI is missing HFSPlus.efi, so you cannot expect Clover to find HFS+J partitions.

Your copy of Clover is also not current.
This time I'm sure I pressed the F2 key (without fn, I checked with F1), but the file is still empty.. So I suppose there's something wrong with my clover install?

I got my partition to show up in clover by downloading and copying apfs.efi file from a thread by Tonymacx86 to clover/drivers64uefi. It booted to a prohibition sign. The verbose boot looks pretty weird.. (uploaded to YouTube because file was too big)

39DE182C-F7D1-4E3A-A009-A8CF229D1B46.jpeg

I got my partition to show up in clover by downloading and copying apfs.efi file from a thread by Tonymacx86 to clover/drivers64uefi. It booted to a prohibition sign. The verbose boot looks pretty weird.. (uploaded to YouTube because file was too big)

View attachment 361686

ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi and AppleImageLoader-64.efi should take care of loading apfs.efi from the system volume.

"Still waiting for root device" indicates there is a problem mounting root.
If your SATA controller is in RAID mode, make sure you use SATA-unsupported.kext.

ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi and AppleImageLoader-64.efi should take care of loading apfs.efi from the system volume.

"Still waiting for root device" indicates there is a problem mounting root.
If your SATA controller is in RAID mode, make sure you use SATA-unsupported.kext.

So I guess I have to remove apfs.efi again and find a way for ApfsDriverLozder-64 and AppleImageLoader-64 to work? I tried booting again a second ago and this time it just reboots almost instantly (full verbose is attached), while I haven’t changed anything since last boot.

Everything is on 1 single drive, no raid.

7362278D-FADF-4222-B5D9-CDEEFF08280D.jpeg 10444C7B-F7D6-406B-B413-1077B82A7101.jpeg

I installed clean clover (RehabMan fork) on a usb drive with fakesmc as the only kext (just wondering: if everyone needs it, why doesn’t clover put in there already?) and it behaves exactly like clover on my esp:
Without apfs.efi, no apfs partition detected.
With apfs.efi, detected but reboots instantly.
I checked and both ApfsDriverLoader and AppleImageLoader are present in drivers64uefi.

This probably means it has something to do with my apfs partition, which is really strange as I, again, haven’t touched that partition while moving them around..

I’ll download Mojave and create a bootable drive in case it could be useful.

I installed clean clover (RehabMan fork) on a usb drive with fakesmc as the only kext (just wondering: if everyone needs it, why doesn’t clover put in there already?) and it behaves exactly like clover on my esp:
Without apfs.efi, no apfs partition detected.
With apfs.efi, detected but reboots instantly.
I checked and both ApfsDriverLoader and AppleImageLoader are present in drivers64uefi.

This probably means it has something to do with my apfs partition, which is really strange as I, again, haven’t touched that partition while moving them around..

I’ll download Mojave and create a bootable drive in case it could be useful.

No ideas possible without PR files attached...

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

No ideas possible without PR files attached...

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.
Which files do you need? I attached the Clover folder some posts ago and haven’t changed it yet. Preboot.log stays empty even after pressing F2.. (or fn+F2)

Which files do you need? I attached the Clover folder some posts ago and haven’t changed it yet. Preboot.log stays empty even after pressing F2.. (or fn+F2)

I already commented on previous files (where you had an old build of Clover).
Any change requires new files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back