Graphics
Nvidia 1080 TI
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Background:
It's been awhile since I posted anything here. In the past most of my post was about video card driver problems and what not. I hope everyone in the community is doing alright. At this point I’m really out of touch with whats been going on, and honestly most of that had to do with this video card situation. Because of that I hadn’t really been doing any updates. Between no web drivers for Nvidia cards in Mojave, and waiting for Radeon VII support, I just kept waiting for a break.

As I’m testing iOS 13 on some for my devices, I’m realizing that I’m going to to need to upgrade to Catalina for Notes, reminders, and other things for the integration between my iOS devices and macOS to work right as Apple has made some major changes. My thinking is I upgrade now to Mojave, hoping the upgrade to Catalina will be less of an issue.

Prep work:
  • Upgrade Clover to the latest version.
  • Upgrade drivers (Audio, Video, Lilu, and so forth)
  • Physically remove my Nvidia GTX 1080 TI out of my system, as I’m currently not PC gaming and I always run both macOS and Windows on Intel graphics anyway
I have already upgraded Clover from 4862 to 5082. However I had some issues so I thought I would document what happened:

I did a straight upgrade using Clover Configurator, and on reboot only my Windows 10 portion was showing. After doing some research, I found it was a major shift in how drivers work in Clover 5XXX, and no drivers were installed in my case. I looked at what drivers I had installed in my EFI backup and I ended up choosing the following below.
  • AudioDxe
  • DataHubDex
  • FSInject
  • OsxAptioFix3Drv
  • VboxHfs
  • SMCHelper
This resolved my issue. I’m hoping maybe this could help someone, as I didn’t find a lot of information on this online in my quick searches.

Now I have some questions going forward. On my current HS install, I’m not using Apple File System, I’m still on HS+ Journaled.
I’m I going to be forced to upgrade? I currently have 10.13 installed on a Samsung EVO 850, I had some odd issue with APFS back when I first did a clean install of 10.13 back in 2017. Is APFS more stable now?
I guess from this point is it any advice one could give me? I’m thinking I make sure I have FakeSMC in the right folder, upgrade Lilu, and the drivers I use for audio/graphics then cross my fingers and upgrade?

Last edited:
APFS has been fine for me on my install and was using it on my last build for some time without issues (though, I think I was using Chimera on that build). As long as you have the right APFS driver loaded in Clover, should be a non issue.

Hi,

I'm afraid I cannot answer your question, but I can say that I am in the same boat.

I'm trying to discover the exact drivers I need to choose at Clover 5xxx install when moving from Clover 4xxx to 5xxx. It seems to have changed quite a lot. I think I'm still using OsxAptioFix2 on my golden HS and don't want to get into a "cannot boot anything even from a usb drive" situation. I too want to get Mojave on, so the step up to Catalina is easier.

If a wise soul has a guide to these changes, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Believe me I hear you!
I personally, Im not always the most organized person. One thing I left out of my post above is that I temporally lost my jumpdrive. After I quit panicking, I found it 30 minutes later. Now this is an old jump drive, that I never updated from 2017, however I'm able to boot from it. Clover automatically makes a backup of the EFI folder after each update (that folder should be labeled "EFI-Backups" on the root of your main drive. So all you have to do is replace it with the current one if your unable to boot into your system, on reboot everything will be back to normal. This should give you the confidence, to experiment with the drivers until you get your system booting with Clover 5XXX. I hope this helps...

Hi,

I'm afraid I cannot answer your question, but I can say that I am in the same boat.

I'm trying to discover the exact drivers I need to choose at Clover 5xxx install when moving from Clover 4xxx to 5xxx. It seems to have changed quite a lot. I think I'm still using OsxAptioFix2 on my golden HS and don't want to get into a "cannot boot anything even from a usb drive" situation. I too want to get Mojave on, so the step up to Catalina is easier.

If a wise soul has a guide to these changes, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Hey,

Yes I decided to go have a look. I can't remember when I moved to Clover. I think my .plist indicates from the audio entries that I have simply updated "in place" over many OSX version updates.

My current High Sierra Clover EFI drivers64UEFI folder looks like this. I don't know if I still need all of these drivers and also, to be polite, it's not my intention to hijack your thread. I'm just leaving this here in case any one passing through has an idea what drivers Mojave needs now Clover is now 5xxx. Note: I too am on HFS, APFS.efi I manually updated every point release, just in case an update install forced a conversion without asking.

It may be time for a clean install for me once I find out.

Take care and all the best with your install.

Attachments

• drivers.JPG
    drivers.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 70
Upgrade to Mojave was successful.
I bought a Samsung 970 EVO (500GB) from my local Microcenter and did a fresh install, restored all my files from my existing HS partition.
I thought I would have to physically remove my 1080TI, because I know it's not supported in Mojave, however that was not the case. So if I decide I do want to game in Windows I can!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back