CPU
i9-12900K
Graphics
RX 590
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Ok so I feel I'm missing something really obvious, so before I restore the disk images let me ask this first.

I had 10.15.7 Catalina with Clover 5114 running fine for a long time and now I decided it's time to upgrade to Monterey. The upgrade thread suggested latest Clover is needed so I start be upgrading Clover to 5146, restart results in the black screen immediately after macos selection (not the "power savings" black, but "signal present" black). Other OS selection (Windows 10 and Ubuntu) seem to be fine. Ok, trying verbose mode - same result, not even for a second do I see anything other than black screen. Single user? Same. Safe mode? Same. Disabled PCI graphics in BIOS, and switched to built-in Intel (injecting Intel on boot of course)? Same! It almost feels like the moment I select MacOs in clover boot screen the video output switches somewhere, idk where, but I tried switching between HDMI, DP, no luck.

I even tried manually putting latest version of Lilu, WEG, AppleALC, and IntelMausi into E/C/k/O to no avail.

The only thing in Clover_Install_Log that I'm not sure about is this
Removing UEFI/AptioMemoryFix.efi because OpenRuntime.efi is installed

config.plist attached, but I didn't change it for this upgrade and it worked fine on 5114

So what am I missing?

Attachments

• config.plist.txt
    9.7 KB · Views: 41
So what am I missing?

In the newer versions of Clover the folder structure has changed, make sure that you have all of your drivers in the new location. /EFI/CLOVER/drivers/UEFI.

There is also the addition of a Quirks section in the config.plist which means that you cannot just take your old config.plist and use it with newer versions of Clover.

Rather than learning the newer variations of Clover which incorporate elements of the OpenCore boot loader, it would be better to switch to OpenCore now which is better documented/supported.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back