CPU
i7-8550U
Graphics
UHD620
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
In preparation to upgrade to Monterey, it demands Clover to upgrade first. Thus I upgraded the latest Clover r5154 using the pkg:

Now I cannot boot into macOS. It can boot to selection menu/theme (macOS, macOS recovery, Windows) as previous and still works with Windows. Only macOS stuck at Apple sign.

I have read a lot and tried back and forth, still cannot make it through, need your help. Many Thanks!

EFI/Clover attached.

Marked as solved: rewind back to r5122 w. saved EFI
Lessons learned :
  • Always backup EFI before EFI/boot firmware update/upgrade;
  • Bootable USB(installation);
  • Boot from USB and reinstall r5122 and copy backup; \drivers was my pitfall.
  • OpenCore is the goal if I could get more time

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 51
Last edited:
In preparation to upgrade to Monterey, it demands Clover to upgrade first. Thus I upgraded the latest Clover r5154 using the pkg:

Now I cannot boot into macOS. It can boot to selection menu/theme (macOS, macOS recovery, Windows) as previous and still works with Windows. Only macOS stuck at Apple sign.

I have read a lot and tried back and forth, still cannot make it through, need your help. Many Thanks!

EFI/Clover attached.
later versions of clover rely heavy on opencore to make it work, ie a lot of config.pist changes are required to make it work

a lot of peeps have just moved over to opencore instead, a lot cleaner boot loader.....

thanks @Feartech !

1. Could I revert to r5122?
    In fact I tried not work, I boot from USB(r5099) and erased EFI completely, reinstall r5122 pkg from github. then copied folders(\APPLE, \Microsoft, \ACPI, \kext,\theme) back still doesn't work.
  2. Could I downgrade/clean/reinstall r5122, using last EFI as in my last uploaded EFI/Clover in this forum?
  3. If further with r5154 (or maybe a middle version), would change config.plist work? how?
  4. what is the best solution would you please suggest to recover & work?

thanks @Feartech !

1. Could I revert to r5122?
    In fact I tried not work, I boot from USB(r5099) and erased EFI completely, reinstall r5122 pkg from github. then copied folders(\APPLE, \Microsoft, \ACPI, \kext,\theme) back still doesn't work.
  2. Could I downgrade/clean/reinstall r5122, using last EFI as in my last uploaded EFI/Clover in this forum?
  3. If further with r5154 (or maybe a middle version), would change config.plist work? how?
  4. what is the best solution would you please suggest to recover & work?
1: yes
2: yes
3: best to read up on clover sample.plist
4: use opencore instead :)

when you upgrade clover, a folder called EFI-Backup should be in your main hard drive which should have a complete backup of your older working EFI

template of opencore can be found here:

post 2 has the info on what to change for your CPU etc

add in your kexts you need, make sure to add them to your config.plist

along with your aml files

apart from your DSDT.aml as that should not be used in opencore

1: yes
2: yes
3: best to read up on clover sample.plist
4: use opencore instead :)

when you upgrade clover, a folder called EFI-Backup should be in your main hard drive which should have a complete backup of your older working EFI

template of opencore can be found here:

post 2 has the info on what to change for your CPU etc

add in your kexts you need, make sure to add them to your config.plist

along with your aml files

apart from your DSDT.aml as that should not be used in opencore
with which program do you upgrade clover/opencore, I did't see the folder of EFI-backup

with which program do you upgrade clover/opencore, I did't see the folder of EFI-backup
you just download opencore from the releases section on gihub:

or from here:

Back