Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
I guess I made a reallly big mistake. I was preparing to try to update to Big Sur from catalina. I Updated my clover installation to the latest. (clover had the option in the tray menu). I needed to reboot and forgot I had updated clover. Now I just get stuck at the clover boot screen. Any selection to boot from any drive just sits there and does nothing.
Did I just brick the machine? I had made a CCC of my OS drive shortly before starting to do the steps to upgrade, but the machine now will not boot from this drive for some reason. Im in the process of trying to make a new unibeast bootable USB stick since i left my old one at the office and wont be able to get it till next week.
Any suggestions?

I guess I made a reallly big mistake. I was preparing to try to update to Big Sur from catalina. I Updated my clover installation to the latest. (clover had the option in the tray menu). I needed to reboot and forgot I had updated clover. Now I just get stuck at the clover boot screen. Any selection to boot from any drive just sits there and does nothing.
Did I just brick the machine? I had made a CCC of my OS drive shortly before starting to do the steps to upgrade, but the machine now will not boot from this drive for some reason. Im in the process of trying to make a new unibeast bootable USB stick since i left my old one at the office and wont be able to get it till next week.
Any suggestions?
it is because later versions of clover requires all new entries in the config.plist for it to work, opencore has been mashed into later versions of clover

you are best going straight over to opencore instead

Thank you for the reply. Is there a particular version that works better/best. And is there a good walk thru to make the change over? Im not sure how I’ll be able to access the efi without being able to boot into anything. Thanks.

Thank you for the reply. Is there a particular version that works better/best. And is there a good walk thru to make the change over? Im not sure how I’ll be able to access the efi without being able to boot into anything. Thanks.
any new version of opencore will be fine

also when you update clover, it saves a backup of your previous version of clover to your main hard drive

any new version of opencore will be fine

also when you update clover, it saves a backup of your previous version of clover to your main hard drive
This helped out a bit. I was able to get my backup to load to Catalina. It’s strange though there’s no option to boot to the main drive data… I have a feeling that the OS installation thing ran before this happened and I didn’t realize it. Im going to clone the backup to the main drive and see if I can get back in business.

If that works maybe this weekend I’ll try and figure out how to get the new boot loader going and try to install Big Sur again. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back