Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Guys,

I try not to do updates as it always seems to go wrong...should have left things well alone...

Ok I'm on 10.13.6 but have had a security update pending an install for ages. So today I thought I must get around to applying the update. Steps...

1: Clone my OSX drive
2: Update Clover and Clover Configurator
3: Reboot to make sure nothing has gone wrong i.e. I haven't applied the security update yet.
4: Reboot...

The original boot device will not boot, I get to Random Seed and a bunch of +'s and just hangs.

5: Reboot and boot from Clone...

Same.....

CRAP!

Can I find my bootable USB...can I f**k...so I've now had to promise to make dinner tonight so I can pinch the wife's MacBook to build another USB.

What have I done wrong and how do I go about fixing it and can this be done before I have to make dinner :) ? It must be something the Clover update has done...

The file structure for drivers has changed in later Clover versions.
You need to have all of your drivers in the new location.

Is there a windows app that will allow me to mount the EFI partition and move them that you know of?
Probably but I have never had cause to do it so can't help with that.

Thanks for the fast response. Is there a windows app that will allow me to mount the EFI partition and move them that you know of? I've just been poking around with the Shell and it's a nightmare to navigate the different partitions and folders.
yes, there is a way

google:
mount mac efi windows

I'm back...at least I'm up and running again.

That DiskGenius app worked well. It's a free trial period type of license and allows you to read and write to the EFI partition. I removed the folders nolonger needed but it still didn't work. I then deleted the new drivers and copied the drivers from the Backup folder into the new folder structure...and it worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back