Graphics
nVidia GTX 770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello guys (sorry about my english, i'm doing my best haha).
I've seen another users with the same issue (clover stuck at "scanning entries"), but i don't saw any solutions to my problem.

I have one HDD running El Capitan 10.11.3 and another HDD running Windows 10. A few days ago my computer was being turned off during the Apple logo loading screen. I booted into single user verbose mode, used this code and solved the problem:
Code:
fsck_hfs -rc -d /dev/disk1s2

Today, my Clover stopped working if the two HDDs are connected. If I disconnect the Windows HDD, Clover works and i can boot into Mac. But if the two are connected, Clover stucks into "scanning entries".

Minutes ago I disconnected the Windows HDD, and when I tried to boot Mac, this happened (Apple logo changed into prohibited sign):
5a5917c2-313b-4c55-9387-f39799711193.jpeg

I restarted my computer (with the Windows HDD still disconnected), and changed to this:
b139d660-18f5-4c70-a304-7ac925653fae.jpeg

I restarted again and now it's working without issues/messages/etc. But it only works if the Windows HDD is disconnected. What can I do to solve this problem and boot clover with both HDDs connected?

Suggest you disconnect OS X drive, boot to UEFI, set optimim defaults, exit and save, boot to Windows. Shut down. Connect OS X drive.
Boot to UEFI, and this time make the OS X required changes - disable VT-d, make the OS X drive first in boot order, etc. save&exit, continue boot. At the Clover screen, arrow over to options and add -f to boot options, hit enter, arrow down to return, hit enter, then arrow over to OS X icon and hit enter to boot OS X.

This should refresh your boot cache and get rid of the unfinished boot remainder from your interrupted boot up.

Unfortunately it didn't work :(
Clover still get stuck if both HDDs are connected. If I only connect OS X HDD, it works normally.

You have any other solution?

UPDATE: Did the boot via USB, results:
- Clover works normally if only OS X HDD is connected.
- Clover stuck at "scan entries" if both HDDs (Windows and OS X) are connected.

Maybe the problem is the Windows HDD? What can I do?

This thread is a few months old, but here is how I solved this problem.

Just as an FYI:
I use El Capitan, Windows 10 and MacDrive for Windows.
I also use a L5 Raid on a LSI card
Windows showed the RAID as empty and MacDrive reported an unformatted Disk.
Clover got stuck at "scanning entries"

I didn't find any way to do this using clover.
I had to do a legacy boot using a Yosemite disk with Disk Warrior on it.
In my case this was my old System SSD, which i kept, just in case.
I made it a habit to keep the old system and make a clean install on a new disk instead of updating he old one, because there is always a way to roll back, by simply switching disks or SSDs.

The problem seemed to be minor, as Disk Warrior reported no real problems.
I had DiskWarrior rebuilt the directory, rebooted and everything was up and running again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back