Contribute
Register

Clover smbios settings, and more. (H77N-Wifi)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-H77N-Wifi
CPU
i5-3570
Graphics
r9 270X
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello,
I just did an update from 10.9.5 to 10.10, successfully, just had to redo trim and audio. But I have some other problems which I'm not certain how to fix. During the update clover decided to change my SMBIOS to an iMac (13,2 I think) instead of the usual MacPro3,1 which I used to date. When I set the 3,1 again I get the crossed circle logo and my hack doesn't boot, same goes for 5,1. I just don't know what to do with this.. it seems like the iMac SMBIOS is not doing any harm to me apart from maybe lowering the amount of cpu frequencies to switch between and adds sound popping every now and then.. Did anyone experience this? I have no idea what to do, even tried changing it in the config.plist but to no luck, it seems like clover didn't even read that and kept the iMac there.

Other than that I can't login into iMessage and FaceTime, tells me to contact support with some number.. from what I researched I need to call Apple right? (No other way ?) I've been debugging iMessage and my rom+mb sn keeps the same on each reboot, shouldn't be the issue.

Specs:
Ga-H77N-Wifi
16 Ram DDR3 1600mhz
Gigabyte GTX 650 2gb
60Gb SSD / 3 TB WD Red / 750Gb WD Green

Boot args:
nvda_drv=1 (using the web drivers)
KernelCache=Yes (not sure about the right command atm, but I have the cache enabled)
kext-dev-mode=1

Otherwise I just have a SSDT from Maverics and dropping the rest of the stuff with Clover.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Same board using Clover, I'm using iMac 13,1. I had everything including iMessage working in Mavericks w/Clover (previously used Chimera), then I updated to Yosemite and got the call apple error. I noticed in imessage_debug that my ROM/MLB were not the same as they were in Mavericks. I tried injecting all my old values from Mavericks into Clover Configurator but nothing worked. So then I just selected iMac 13,1 on the smbios tab and generated a new serial. I also used uuidgen from the terminal to generate a new uuid and put it in the SmUUID field. In the Board ID field I used my new serial + 5 random alphanumeric characters. Clover uses the Board ID as the MLB and the last (I forget how many) digits of your SmUUID as the ROM.

After I got a new customer code in the iMessage error I called Apple and everything worked. If you have any other Apple device like an iPhone or iPad just give them that serial, or say you aren't home and don't have the serial. They're really cool about it and will get it working.

Same board using Clover, I'm using iMac 13,1. I had everything including iMessage working in Mavericks w/Clover (previously used Chimera), then I updated to Yosemite and got the call apple error. I noticed in imessage_debug that my ROM/MLB were not the same as they were in Mavericks. I tried injecting all my old values from Mavericks into Clover Configurator but nothing worked. So then I just selected iMac 13,1 on the smbios tab and generated a new serial. I also used uuidgen from the terminal to generate a new uuid and put it in the SmUUID field. In the Board ID field I used my new serial + 5 random alphanumeric characters. Clover uses the Board ID as the MLB and the last (I forget how many) digits of your SmUUID as the ROM.

After I got a new customer code in the iMessage error I called Apple and everything worked. If you have any other Apple device like an iPhone or iPad just give them that serial, or say you aren't home and don't have the serial. They're really cool about it and will get it working.

Thanks for the input I will try calling them tomorrow :S Btw would you be so kind and share your clover config.plist with me? I'm interested if you have anything different than me :)

Sure thing, here you go.

Attachments

• config.plist
    3.8 KB · Views: 607
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back