i5-2430 2.40GHz/HM67
Graphics
Radeon HD 6630M / Intel HD 3000
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,
I want to experiment with Clover therefore I tried to install to USB. However every time I tried after I boot I see bios like screen. I checked Clover FAQ and it says this

[h=3]Q: A BIOS-like interface with five options appears, with Continue as topmost one.[/h] A: This means that the boot file was successfully loaded and is working but it cannot find the file CloverX64.efi. Either the according partition is not found or the whole device. Explore the options and try to figure out what is wrong.

My BIOS is non-uefi because I don't see any UEFI references in the bios. What should I do to solve this problem? Thanks.

Can't help, 26 post and no system specs in profile... Not many here interested in guessing, luck with your issue...

I didn't put my configurations on my profile because I have three laptops that I am working with. I sometime have problem with one of it or another one. Therefore I don't want to change it back and forth. If you don't believe me you can search my posts and you will see I have posted about two laptops. I don't know why I am trying to convince you. Here is my specs for this laptop for the ones who want to help.

DELL INSPIRON N5110

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2330M CPU @ 2.20GHz
RAM: 4 GB
Video Adapter #1: Intel HD 3300
Video Adapter #2: NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M
DMI BIOS Version: A11
Capabilities: Flash BIOS, Shadow BIOS, Selectable Boot, EDD, BBS
Supported Standards: DMI, ACPI, ESCD
Expansion Capabilities: MCA, PCI, USB

I didn't put my configurations on my profile because I have three laptops that I am working with. I sometime have problem with one of it or another one. Therefore I don't want to change it back and forth. If you don't believe me you can search my posts and you will see I have posted about two laptops. I don't know why I am trying to convince you. Here is my specs for this laptop for the ones who want to help.

DELL INSPIRON N5110

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2330M CPU @ 2.20GHz
RAM: 4 GB
Video Adapter #1: Intel HD 3300
Video Adapter #2: NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M
DMI BIOS Version: A11
Capabilities: Flash BIOS, Shadow BIOS, Selectable Boot, EDD, BBS
Supported Standards: DMI, ACPI, ESCD
Expansion Capabilities: MCA, PCI, USB
If you have problems with laptops you should be posting in the laptop forum - http://www.tonymacx86.com/laptops/

Hi,
I want to experiment with Clover therefore I tried to install to USB. However every time I tried after I boot I see bios like screen. I checked Clover FAQ and it says this

My BIOS is non-uefi because I don't see any UEFI references in the bios. What should I do to solve this problem? Thanks.
U are wrong about your bios,Its a Ami UEFI and u can install UEFI clover.

I have used the guide on insanelymac. There were two bioses on that guide. First one is the one I am using which works very well with chameleon and another one UEFI bios which is reported to be working with clover. However I don't want to update my bios. Could you tell me what is my mistake? Since if I can't make clover usb there is no point of installing to my main drive.

My partition type is MBR and my HD layout is like below
1st partition: Windows 7
2nd partition: Mavericks
3rd partition: Ubuntu
4th partition: Data

I have used the guide on insanelymac. There were two bioses on that guide. First one is the one I am using which works very well with chameleon and another one UEFI bios which is reported to be working with clover. However I don't want to update my bios. Could you tell me what is my mistake? Since if I can't make clover usb there is no point of installing to my main drive.

My partition type is MBR and my HD layout is like below
1st partition: Windows 7
2nd partition: Mavericks
3rd partition: Ubuntu
4th partition: Data

Try this guide - http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-how-install-os-x-mavericks-using-clover.html and follow steps 1 & 2, selecting the legacy mode selections for Clover. This gets you a Clover boot stick.

I did exactly as the tutorial and still I see that screen. I guess there is a compatibility issue with my BIOS.

I did exactly as the tutorial and still I see that screen. I guess there is a compatibility issue with my BIOS.

Post a pic of the screen.

Here is the screenshot of that screen.
IMG_0162.JPG
I have explored every menu in that screen but couldn't find anyway to boot my current installation.
For example if I enter boot manager I see below screen and selecting USB also doesn't do anything and returns to main screen.
IMG_0164.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back