Contribute
Register

Clover setup on Gigabyte Z77X-UP7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guide To Install Mavericks with Clover Bootloader

Yes, I use the same patch as you, + Generic nVidia/ATI patch. Try using Disk Utility to repair permission. What do you see in About This Mac? Mac Pro or iMac?

Disk Utility did not find any errors; I did that with the Kext Wizard; (repair Permissions + Rebuild Caches). It still complains when booting that the computer shutdown because of a problem.

-EDIT- In this post over here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...yte-z77x-ud5h-clover-uefi-installtweak-guide/

This guy has a pretty similar board to mine; in his config file; he is using something called "GenerateIvyStates": should I also do this; and would it possibly have something to do with the strange errors I am getting?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-11-10 at 9.57.15 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-11-10 at 9.57.15 PM.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 146
  • Screen Shot 2013-11-10 at 9.56.43 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-11-10 at 9.56.43 PM.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 121

Disk Utility did not find any errors; I did that with the Kext Wizard; (repair Permissions + Rebuild Caches). It still complains when booting that the computer shutdown because of a problem.

-EDIT- In this post over here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...yte-z77x-ud5h-clover-uefi-installtweak-guide/

This guy has a pretty similar board to mine; in his config file; he is using something called "GenerateIvyStates": should I also do this; and would it possibly have something to do with the strange errors I am getting?

No, that "GenerateIvyStates" is old, it is replaced by Generate PStates/CStates in new Clover. Did you change BIOS as in that guide?
Also, edit FakeSMC config.plist like that guide (except you don't need to add IntelE1000e) and reinstall FakeSMC with Kext Wizard.

Use this config.plist. Someone with the same mainboard also have shutdown problem like yours, still no solution yet.

Attachments

• config.plist
    3.2 KB · Views: 236

Cool. Thanks for all your help. I am glad I am finally making some headway. I will try the things you just suggested in the Morning.

I'm out for tonight.

-EDIT- I have not gone through my BIOS and compared the detailed power settings etc that he showed. I did review it for the main settings quite a while back. I guess I could try to look at it more closely; though some of the options he has on his board's BIOS are not on mine.

No, that "GenerateIvyStates" is old, it is replaced by Generate PStates/CStates in new Clover. Did you change BIOS as in that guide?
Also, edit FakeSMC config.plist like that guide (except you don't need to add IntelE1000e) and reinstall FakeSMC with Kext Wizard.

Use this config.plist. Someone with the same mainboard also have shutdown problem like yours, still no solution yet.

OK. WOW!!! I did this and now my Front Panel USB works correctly (no unplug/replug necessary). Like you said it still has shutdown error message on login.

A couple things; Did you have me not include IntelE1000e.kext in FakeSMC because it was already installed; or is it not needed at all? Meaning: if I do a clean install; and reloaded FakeSMC; (without having loaded any other kexts; would I want it in FakeSMC or no?

The other thing: In his guide he shows FakeSMC going in the Target Systm drive EFI partition using the OEM File path. Does this allow Clover to force inject kexts without having to install them to System/Library/Extensions ? If so; I think I would rather do that, so I would not have to worry about incremental OS-X upgrades wiping out custom kexts. Please advise.

You don't need to copy appleintele1000e to fakesmc because you installed it.

You're right, you can copy kexts to EFI/Clover/drivers/10.9/, and boot with kexts injected (or edit that setting in config.plist, so you don't have to choose it every boot). I don't recommend it, because putting in S/L/E is more native. When you update, only kexts with same name is replaced, others (fakesmc, ethernet,...) is still the same.

You don't need to copy appleintele1000e to fakesmc because you installed it.

You're right, you can copy kexts to EFI/Clover/drivers/10.9/, and boot with kexts injected (or edit that setting in config.plist, so you don't have to choose it every boot). I don't recommend it, because putting in S/L/E is more native. When you update, only kexts with same name is replaced, others (fakesmc, ethernet,...) is still the same.

So what is the purpose of the OEM path option? I am confused why it exists.

So what is the purpose of the OEM path option? I am confused why it exists.

Well, Clover will look for files in OEM first, then the generic ones in Clover folder. I don't know the real benefit of this, maybe you can prepare a Clover stick for many system, and Clover will auto pick the right files for each.

Well, Clover will look for files in OEM first, then the generic ones in Clover folder. I don't know the real benefit of this, maybe you can prepare a Clover stick for many system, and Clover will auto pick the right files for each.

Interesting. I think it is time to try a Clean install; and also install Clover to EFI the same way I have it setup on the USB. I always tinker before really using something in my day to day work environment. And I always like to know the quickest/cleanest way to restart fresh for future emergencies . . .

You help has been invaluable and I really appreciate it. :)

-EDIT- I get occasional "flicker" on my screen: I am wondering if there is a better way to get my Graphics Hardware recognized. It is not so bad that I can't live with it for a bit; but would be nice to sort out . . .

Cool. Thanks for all your help. I am glad I am finally making some headway. I will try the things you just suggested in the Morning.

I'm out for tonight.

-EDIT- I have not gone through my BIOS and compared the detailed power settings etc that he showed. I did review it for the main settings quite a while back. I guess I could try to look at it more closely; though some of the options he has on his board's BIOS are not on mine.

Is this a ProBook? If not, it should be taken to an appropriate forum. I will move the posts after your next reply.

Is this a ProBook? If not, it should be taken to an appropriate forum. I will move the posts after your next reply.

NOT a ProBook; This Guide was the only install setup that got my system up and running; using the pre packaged Clover for USB he had linked to this guide.

My Machine is a Z77X-UP7 Gigabyte; which I find no examples of anyone specifically using & sharing their setup.

If you must move it; I understand, though I don't know where it should have been in the first place. I have greatly appreciated the help of nguyenmac in helping to sort out what I needed,

-EDIT- Rehabman: I would be happy to reformat what we have come up with here; and re-post as a guide; seeing as there is no guide for this board . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back