Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. eMac
  3. iBook
  4. Power Mac
  5. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've been crafting around with builds sometimes getting far, sometimes not, but never been able to actually install Mojave. Never actually even got to through the USB installers pre install verbose blah blah.

I started to check out RehabMan's stuff,for he seems to be "da man" in this whole craft. I just can't figure out what I should be looking for for my laptop. Any thoughts? I started from scratch and would like to know if there's a core clover build to build from.

Please help me *Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only help *insert RehabMan

Cheers,
Wh00t whoot noob

Edit: I don't know why, but my signature and profile info doesn't seem to save. Or it saves, but the reverts to old.

Last edited:
What has your process been so far? I've got the i5 version of the L340 and I'm interested in seeing if we can get these Ideapads to run macOS nicely.

My immediate thought is that the GPU switching might be an issue. I haven't gone through the BIOS thoroughly yet but I once looked to see if I could disable it before and I couldn't find a setting. Any thoughts on that?

I have 0 thoughts on this at the moment. Been going up and down, getting freezes here and there. And I'm bit too noob to say why.
At this time I downloaded the Rehab's Intel UHD630 plist and started twiddling there. Now my freeze comes after line: apfs_module_start:1393: load: com.apple.filesystems.apfs, v945.275.7, apfs-945.275.7, 2019/08/20

At this time I can't upload the pictures from EFI or verbose. Will return to that later when I get my own mac back.

Edit: And tadaa, my signature has reverted back to not giving my full system info...

Oh okay, I thought disabling discrete graphics was a must when trying to setup a hackintosh on a laptop like this. I don't want to try and give advice here because I've never tried this with a laptop before, but I'm going to give this a shot myself soon and going through the BIOS is where I'd want to start.

Holy sh... shish kebab! I made it to the install screen, but now it tells me to connect mouse and keyboard. So naturally I took them from my iMac and there forth it was smooth sailing.

Steps for clover setup:
- get the config.plist from RehabMan for Intel UHD630.
- in clover ACPI section add new patch (+ from the bottom right corner of "patches"). Name it ACPI Patch, then put this into "Find": A00A935354415301 and this into "Replace": A00A910AFF0BFFFF then save.

- in clover boot section add these arguments with the ones already there
  • -v
  • no_compat_check
- in SMBIOS section check what MAC has your CPU and/or GPU and therefore fits best. Mine is MacBookPro15,1. I believe 15,2 is yours. And if I don't remember wrong it's the default on this plist.
- also you need to fill the specs from your RAM. How many combs and what kind. You can get the info with CPU-Z. Slots start from 0, so if you got 1 ram, fill the slot with 0. If you got 2, fill 0 and 1.

These parameters got me to install and to a working core Mojave. Now to figure out the keyboard and touchpad, wifi and such.

Last edited:
Hi Wh00t, could you please list your version of clover installer and the list of kexts that u use?
I have the L340 Gaming 15 i7 9750h with 1050 GPU but using RehabMan's config.plist I got freeze on End RandomSeed.

Instead using a config.plist and EFI from a Dell xps 9750h and using your indications on ACPI section I overcome the 1393 error but after a while I get reboot and access prohibition symbol

Hey, mate. I use Clover Configurator 5.5.0.0.
I used to get stuck on that RandomSeed too. I'll attach my EFI as a zip. I bet you can coast through neatly with that.

Attachments

• wh00tEFI.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 480
Thanks a lot mate!! I try with Mojave 10.14.6 when I come home :D

Nice! Thanks for the update, I'll see how I get on.

I cannot install because ACPI Error AE. not found.. I read that could be an issue due to my USB Stick that is USB 3.0, I will get an USB 2.0 and try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back